Sports & Recreation

NBA 2019-2020 - CONGRATS LAKERS / LeBron!!!

Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11810 posts
2351 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote: I'm thinking it would be very interesting if the Basketball Gods would recycle a classic L.A. Lakers vs. Boston Celtics for the NBA Finals to a new generation. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
NBA ratings are down. One could assume NBA execs REALLY want a Celtics/Lakers final... and one could also assume they might influence the conference finals.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3354 posts
1362 upvotes
^ With Boston's victory tonight, I see their Tiger Blood has already started. Only time will tell if we get the revival of a Lakers vs Celtics showdown in the finals. Fingers crossed.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3800 posts
1865 upvotes
Boston won last night because it's not their destiny to be the first team to come back from a 3-0 conference finals. Money still on the Heat. They were just really cold last night with the shooting and sloppy on the passing. Seriously speaking though, Bosotn played very well last night. Playing through Jaylen was a much better game plan. He won them that game.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2017
1919 posts
610 upvotes
DT Calgary
TV Ratings: Game 2 of Eastern Conference Finals sinks to 17-year low

"Television ratings for Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals continued a trend downward for the NBA this season, with the Miami Heat's win over the Boston Celtics averaging just 3.48 million viewers.

As noted by Jon Lewis of Sports Media Watch, that was a 21 percent drop from last season's East finals Game 2 between the Toronto Raptors and Milwaukee Bucks -- and the least-watched East finals Game 2 since 2003."

Curious how these low ratings will affect the salary cap in years to come.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5331 posts
2566 upvotes
Global Village
MyNameWasTaken wrote: Boston won last night because it's not their destiny to be the first team to come back from a 3-0 conference finals. Money still on the Heat. They were just really cold last night with the shooting and sloppy on the passing. Seriously speaking though, Bosotn played very well last night. Playing through Jaylen was a much better game plan. He won them that game.
Gordon Hayward is a key reason why Jalen Brown had a better game, he's another point of attack Miami can't leave open so he creates more space for Brown and Tatum to operate, even if Smart hits 0 3's like last night. Hayward also defends well, makes good passes, he allows Stephens to avoid playing bench guys who are bound to have more turnovers.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8159 posts
2852 upvotes
Mississauga
UrbanPoet wrote: Wow . Ok Lakers are good... i’m still rooting for denver.
Hopefully they can pull off a “denver” and come back!!!
Going to be a good finish tonight. Great game.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2221 posts
620 upvotes
Ottawa
Wow! AD with the buzzer beater for the win.

Great game.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5331 posts
2566 upvotes
Global Village
Damn, AD for the win, Denver was so close
All day I dream about sports
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8159 posts
2852 upvotes
Mississauga
Holy smokes. AD. Plumlee failed miserably on that. Didn't even try to fight over top LeBron. Jokic did the best he could running over from the inbounder.

Edit: Upon replay, Plumlee ran to LeBron instead of going with AD. WTF.
Last edited by kenchau on Sep 20th, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3354 posts
1362 upvotes
As long as Boston wins tomorrow night. I can almost taste the Lakers vs Celtics resurgence for the NBA Finals for 2020.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2221 posts
620 upvotes
Ottawa
Mr_Fanta wrote: As long as Boston wins tomorrow night. I can almost taste the Lakers vs Celtics resurgence for the NBA Finals for 2020.
Celtics/Heat next game is Wednesday. I guess they want to have the ECF and WCF in-sync with each other.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3354 posts
1362 upvotes
sg2386 wrote: Celtics/Heat next game is Wednesday. I guess they want to have the ECF and WCF in-sync with each other.
Damn, I didn't check the schedule and really enjoyed watching games every night. LOL

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)