Sports & Recreation

NBA 2022/23: Let the KD Saga begin

Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10746 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
TheRealVinsanity wrote: He probably is but he's a good coach.

More importantly, it's very likely KD and Kyrie wanted him to be the next coach after Nash.
Doubt they even asked Kyrie for approval of the hire.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10169 posts
8294 upvotes
Toronto
sg2386 wrote: I guess Nash can join Vogel in the scapegoat club. Lakers became much worse and Nets have other issues beyond coaching.

Can’t get rid of KD or Kyrie..so yeah, it’s Nash’s fault.
Let's not forget, KD flagged his desire during offseason.
Can't even fathom what snake like behaviour has been going on behind the scenes since.

Is there any other sport that has so many ga ga goo goo superstars?
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1859 posts
2808 upvotes
Dreamrider wrote: Steve Nash fired

***NEWS FLASH***
Steve Nash to become next head coach of Toronto Maple Leafs.
Nash leaving a bunch of talented underachievers in the Nets and going to proven winners like the Buds!
Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
Udoka going to the Nets would be the perfect marriage of clusterF's.

Love it!
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2614 posts
807 upvotes
Woodbridge
shikotee wrote: Let's not forget, KD flagged his desire during offseason.
Can't even fathom what snake like behaviour has been going on behind the scenes since.

Is there any other sport that has so many ga ga goo goo superstars?
I’m sure every sport has their own superstar with drama but NBA seems to have lot more prima donnas with Lebron I think being the biggest one. I read back in Miami he was trying to get Spoelstra fired and when that didn’t happen, that was one of his reasons to go back to the Cavs. Wouldn’t surprise me if he also tried to get Ty Lue fired during his time with the Cavs.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2007
3541 posts
3234 upvotes
Etobicoke
UrbanPoet wrote: But isn’t he a creeper?
I guess. It seems different rules apply to ppl in professional sports. I can't imagine a regular person getting courted for a job so soon after they were suspended/fired when they engaged in inappropriate workplace conduct.
TheRealVinsanity wrote: He probably is but he's a good coach.

More importantly, it's very likely KD and Kyrie wanted him to be the next coach after Nash.
More likely KD than Irving as apparently KD and Udoka are said to be close. Same thing was said about him and Nash though, and look how that turned out.
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10746 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
kenchau wrote: Udoka going to the Nets would be the perfect marriage of clusterF's.

Love it!
Imagine if Udoka decides it's best to bring Kyrie off the bench, like Westbrook..

Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
It's a tough life grinding trying to make the big time with even a minimum guaranteed contract. Only $40K in the G League.

Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
9325 posts
6385 upvotes
Vancouver
kenchau wrote: Udoka going to the Nets would be the perfect marriage of clusterF's.

Love it!
Waiting for then to try to sign Joshua Primo too
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
kenchau wrote: It's a tough life grinding trying to make the big time with even a minimum guaranteed contract. Only $40K in the G League.

I wonder if they could turn g-league into a fun and competitive league to watch.
Kinda like euroleague.
They have a sort of tournament format. Makes even the regular season games fun to watchZ

https://www.agonasport.com/euroleague-format

https://www.si.com/.amp/nba/2018/10/18/ ... -prospects

It might maybe build up into a baby NbA?
Especially with this elite prospects path.
Like imagine in Zion never went to college. And just spent it dunking on 30 year old fringe/former NBA players. Even if he only does that for a few years before joining the NBA that would make for some fun games.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
notenoughsleep wrote: Waiting for then to try to sign Joshua Primo too
As well as Miles Bridges (Hornets restricted free agent). Lol...
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10746 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
From Doordash delivery man to this...

Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
scoper wrote: From Doordash delivery man to this...

Man i love these NBA stories! I love following the fringe/bench NBA players for this reason.

Thats why Boucher is my favourite raptor. Undrafted. Spent a few years grinding 10 day contracts & G-League before getting his 3 year $35 milly contract.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2614 posts
807 upvotes
Woodbridge
TheRealVinsanity wrote: Kyrie Irving has been suspended.

At least for 5 games apparently.

Well deserved. There is also an FBI warning of threats to synagogues in NJ. That hits quite close to NY. Idiots like Kanye and Kyrie are enablers bringing out these nut jobs. Kyrie should be blacklisted from the NBA as he is nothing more than a cancer and a garbage human being. Feel bad for people that actually look up to him…that sad bunch need to evaluate themselves if they consider Kyrie a role model.

Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10169 posts
8294 upvotes
Toronto
sg2386 wrote: Kyrie should be blacklisted from the NBA as he is nothing more than a cancer and a garbage human being.
I'd love to see this. I'm so sick of the ridiculous entitlement of idiotic narcissistic superstars.
If expressing cult like beliefs is more important than keeping your job, then buh bye.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10746 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
sg2386 wrote: Well deserved. There is also an FBI warning of threats to synagogues in NJ. That hits quite close to NY. Idiots like Kanye and Kyrie are enablers bringing out these nut jobs. Kyrie should be blacklisted from the NBA as he is nothing more than a cancer and a garbage human being. Feel bad for people that actually look up to him…that sad bunch need to evaluate themselves if they consider Kyrie a role model.

If the Nets pay him to just go away and you can get him for the minimum for the rest of this season would you do it?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)