Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NBA

30% off NBA League Pass $97.99 (Reg. $139.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2019 7:33 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7409 posts
6686 upvotes
Toronto
Feels steep compared to a service like DAZN that contains multiple sports...there's a ton of value there.

NBA online streams it is for now... Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Koodo Mobile
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
2095 posts
992 upvotes
YYC
You can get this with VPN through India for $18-$20 CDN. You need to use VPN to start the app to watch but can cast it to TV then disconnect.

Jan 2, 2006
245 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
rilhouse wrote: Can VPNs be used to bypass the blackouts?
Last few years I buy NBA LP from India for less than $20 a year. With IP Vanish VPN I watch without any problem and NO BLACKOUTS. I would not mind paying full price for Canadian version, but it’s totally useless, because it’s not only that Raptors games are blackout, but Any other game shown on any other channel.
Jan 2, 2006
245 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
timduncan wrote: it includes playoffs even without vpn for me. did it last playoff
I don’t know where you live but for Playoffs there is a blackout for any game shown on TSN, SN or NBA TV. Last few years almost every playoff game was broadcast live, so if you live in TO it’s totally useless.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3155 posts
12777 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
Error69 wrote: Where can I watch it free?
nba4free dot com
Rogers Unlimited Province, 12gb $39/month!
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4947 posts
425 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
assuming we by pass the blackout rule, with the nba pass, do we get to watch all raptor games on tnt/tsn/sportnet?
sign by: someone
Dec 24, 2017
382 posts
556 upvotes
Vancouver
Lostwords wrote: assuming we by pass the blackout rule, with the nba pass, do we get to watch all raptor games on tnt/tsn/sportnet?
With a VPN, yes.
Feb 1, 2013
734 posts
825 upvotes
sportsurge.net basically replaced r/NBAstreams. I purchased League Pass for about 7-8 consecutive seasons. Never again. The apps that they use are absolute garbage. I legit get better service on my PS4 using the streams than I ever did with the app.
Apr 20, 2009
288 posts
142 upvotes
League Pass in Canada:

No live Raptors games
No live playoff games (most are shown on cable tv)
No live All-Star Weekend Events

But I'm considering it just so I can watch games on replay. I have basic cable which includes TSN and Sportsnet, but doesn't include SportsnetOne. So I miss all those games unless I watch live on NBA4free, which is difficult when putting two kids to bed.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3409 posts
223 upvotes
calexicoca wrote: I don’t know where you live but for Playoffs there is a blackout for any game shown on TSN, SN or NBA TV. Last few years almost every playoff game was broadcast live, so if you live in TO it’s totally useless.
Is LP only 720p? Can't get anything better from the app.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
2086 posts
1077 upvotes
BC
inocent wrote: You can get this with VPN through India for $18-$20 CDN. You need to use VPN to start the app to watch but can cast it to TV then disconnect.

I am subscribed using itunes... for india it is only $15.99... you need dns though for india (I am using smartdnsproxy)...
no blackouts up to finals...
Jan 2, 2006
245 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
rilhouse wrote: Is LP only 720p? Can't get anything better from the app.
I love my NBA basketball (and Raptors) so I have always few avenues to watch games ;)

It's funny that you asked but when I watch LP on my Nvidia Shield, most of the time I get 1080 but somehow I get better picture on my IPTV . On computer, iPad and iPhone NBA LP is superb quality. So I have options. TSN and SN claim they broadcast home games in 4K, but their 4K is a joke, because switching between standard HD and 4K does not show ANY difference except 4K logo.
Jan 2, 2006
245 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
gundamwingZero wrote: I am subscribed using itunes... for india it is only $15.99... you need dns though for india (I am using smartdnsproxy)...
no blackouts up to finals...
Or you just create Indian apple account (of course with VPN).
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1075 posts
1746 upvotes
Toronto
Okay, sorry to be so slow, but someone do me (and presumably others) a huge favour and explain how you'd go about using the League Pass through India, and what your viewing options are when you do it? What proxy (free/paid) you use, where you purchase it (iTunes?), when it's purchased how do you go about viewing it (does it require starting with the VPN?), and where can you watch it (phone/Shield/computer?).

Edit: you can find the details here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DetroitPistons ... bypassing/

Sounds like a few people's accounts got cancelled after they were detected as watching from a country other than India.
Last edited by althanis on Nov 28th, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 19, 2016
39 posts
18 upvotes
Who is watching NBA nowadays? :facepalm:
Especially pay for watching it? like 60% of time are commercials and time out, and the rest are simply endless free throws or 3p?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3409 posts
223 upvotes
calexicoca wrote: I love my NBA basketball (and Raptors) so I have always few avenues to watch games ;)

It's funny that you asked but when I watch LP on my Nvidia Shield, most of the time I get 1080 but somehow I get better picture on my IPTV . On computer, iPad and iPhone NBA LP is superb quality. So I have options. TSN and SN claim they broadcast home games in 4K, but their 4K is a joke, because switching between standard HD and 4K does not show ANY difference except 4K logo.
Good to know. I'll try out a few options. Is the LP app available on Android TV or are you casting to the shield? I also have a PC connected to the TV so I could use that.
Jan 8, 2008
228 posts
95 upvotes
inocent wrote: You can get this with VPN through India for $18-$20 CDN. You need to use VPN to start the app to watch but can cast it to TV then disconnect.

How did you pay? Did you use a Canadian credit card? Doesn't seem to offer paypal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)