• Oct 6th, 2022 11:59 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
15381 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto

NBC resumes original Law & Order for 21st season

Dick Wolf gets his wish jointly announcing NBC is giving the go ahead for a 21st season of the original L&O franchise a decade since the end of the season 20

https://ew.com/tv/original-law-and-orde ... season-21/

I expect an entirely new cast so reboot is an understandable take
20 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2139 posts
2215 upvotes
Toronto
Wow I loved this show back in the day
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5042 posts
6227 upvotes
Chris Noth, Benjamin Bratt, Jeremy Sisto etc. Wasnt a fan of Jessy Martin.
Jerry Orbach though was the best one of them all.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
26900 posts
6134 upvotes
KravenHead wrote: Chris Noth, Benjamin Bratt, Jeremy Sisto etc. Wasnt a fan of Jessy Martin.
Jerry Orbach though was the best one of them all.
Yeah Orbach was great.
Speaking of that. I didn't know any of the actors names, so I started looking up the names you mentioned. Damn, brings back some old memories. Loved that show but haven't seen it in well over a decade. Might have to try to find some of the older episodes and watch them.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5042 posts
6227 upvotes
Shaner wrote: Yeah Orbach was great.
Speaking of that. I didn't know any of the actors names, so I started looking up the names you mentioned. Damn, brings back some old memories. Loved that show but haven't seen it in well over a decade. Might have to try to find some of the older episodes and watch them.
Oh man you're in for a treat if your going to watch some classic L&O for the first time...
Besides Orbach, Noth and Bratt were tied for #2 imo. Hoping they make atleast a cameo.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
26900 posts
6134 upvotes
KravenHead wrote: Oh man you're in for a treat if your going to watch some classic L&O for the first time...
Besides Orbach, Noth and Bratt were tied for #2 imo. Hoping they make atleast a cameo.
No no, I've seen the originals. I loved that show. I've probably seen most episodes, but it's been a very long time, especially episodes with the original cast. Going to try to find some of the older episodes.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2139 posts
2215 upvotes
Toronto
Unpopular opinion but I still think the original season 1 cast was the best. I wish George Dzundza (Greevey) had stayed on for a few more seasons. Also I much preferred Moriarty (Stone) over Waterston (McCoy). Ben Stone is my favourite L&O character of all time
Aug 25, 2021
8 posts
1 upvote
Also Waterston teases another returning character

waterston teases returning character

"So, the hope and expectation is that there will be a wonderful surprise every week. There is a person coming back in the first show, one of my favorite people on Earth. I'm not allowed to tell who that is, but you'll be glad when you see her."
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19929 posts
6859 upvotes
Toronto
Season 21 L&O First look:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
15381 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto
I suppose it's his business alone but I notice Waterston's head shaking bobbing the last season or seasons and worry about his health .. already a little bit into his eighties
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5042 posts
6227 upvotes
Watched an episode of the latest season over the weekend. Its gotten a little too political IMO.
Use to be a great series.. now.. meh!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5042 posts
6227 upvotes
yesnomaybe wrote: The acting is so bad
Agree. The 2 detectives Cosgrove and Brooks don't compare to Benjamin Bratt, Jeremy Sisko, Chris Noth, Jesse Martin. Heck even Anderson was better.
Am curious if NBC had reached out to any of the former actors....

As for the DA.. Jack McCoy, Cutter and Carmichael were the best...

Being said, despite how the above were fantastic on the show... Jerry Orbach was the goat.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2139 posts
2215 upvotes
Toronto
KravenHead wrote: Agree. The 2 detectives Cosgrove and Brooks don't compare to Benjamin Bratt, Jeremy Sisko, Chris Noth, Jesse Martin. Heck even Anderson was better.
Am curious if NBC had reached out to any of the former actors....

As for the DA.. Jack McCoy, Cutter and Carmichael were the best...

Being said, despite how the above were fantastic on the show... Jerry Orbach was the goat.
Everyone's delivery is so forced and they all come off as robotic. Especially Hugh Dancy, who's obviously trying way too hard to hide his accent.