NBC Streaming Service To Make A New Battlestar Galactia

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2020 6:37 pm
24 replies
Oct 14, 2009
653 posts
226 upvotes
Windsor, Ont.
Maybe they're taking 'all this has happened before, and all this will happen again' a bit too far.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9494 posts
1571 upvotes
Victoria
I don't get it. Yah the original series never finished, but we had a pretty good reboot of it not that long ago.

Are you going to redo the same plot a 3rd time? Maybe there's something else they could do in the Battlestar Universe. I did like that webseries that dealt with Adama in the Cyclon Wars. Once it was edited into a proper episode (tv movie) it played pretty good.

The streamings definitely getting out of control. Everyone's taking their content and locking it up. The old days of lots of content under a single providers are quickly diminishing. I don't think people left $80 cable subs to buy $80/mo of streaming services. If they don't figure out an oldschool netflix, or spotify type service, they're going to lead people back to piracy :(
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10502 posts
6753 upvotes
GTA, ON
The Adama series started off good but relied way too much on green screen CGI. If they make a continuing story about Adama as a viper pilot serving on the Galactica in the first Cylon war with the same realistic style of BSG I'll watch.

Caprica sucked though.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9443 posts
2061 upvotes
Winnipeg
Jim Lahey wrote: There is a NBC Streaming Service now.
well that would suck then because it was all free in the US to watch any of there shows
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1962 posts
2178 upvotes
GTA
I wonder if this could be as good as the reboot. While some episodes were definite filler, and it all got a bit wonky by the end, it is one of the greatest sci-fi TV series ever. Guess the Mormons need more cash though.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10502 posts
6753 upvotes
GTA, ON
BernardRyder wrote: I wonder if this could be as good as the reboot. While some episodes were definite filler, and it all got a bit wonky by the end, it is one of the greatest sci-fi TV series ever. Guess the Mormons need more cash though.
Loved the entire series but my favourite episodes are still:
1) 33
2) Water
3) Pegasus
4) Resurrection Ship parts 1 & 2

Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6337 posts
2747 upvotes
At one point one of the pilots for Battlestar (newest series) had full frontal nudity for the cast extras, and I think it was shown on one of the blurays. Then they decided that wouldn't work for their regular episodes.

Hopefully more fighting less talking for the new series and not too young of a cast.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12338 posts
1866 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
chimaican wrote: Caprica sucked though.
Caprica was okay if you binge watched. One problem with TV series these days is that they throw in too many storylines, most which are irrelevant, so the real story moves at a snail's pace = it sucks. Like really, who cares about someone's marital problems from five years ago? It's their cheap way of "character development".

badOne wrote: At one point one of the pilots for Battlestar (newest series) had full frontal nudity for the cast extras,
That was Caprica, inside the VR world.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2388 posts
601 upvotes
Ontario
Was hoping for a big budget movie not this.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10502 posts
6753 upvotes
GTA, ON
Not sure how anyone can watch or like the original 1978 series. I watched a few episodes and I gotta say, it's pretty cheesy. The idea was good but the way they wrote the scripts and executed the acting... Yikes.

Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12338 posts
1866 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Different era. Ask people back then what they think of tattoos and body piercing, and you'll get the same, "How do people of tomorrow like ..."
Nov 24, 2015
907 posts
629 upvotes
Durham Region
Blah blah bla, they have been talking movies, reboots, etc since 2011 and nothing has happened

I’ll watch it when it comes out, but not holding my breath