Entertainment

NBC Streaming Service To Make A New Battlestar Galactia

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2020 6:37 pm
Jun 5, 2017
906 posts
129 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
They couldn't have picked a worse person. This guy did the assassins creed movie.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9367 posts
1517 upvotes
Victoria
It still seems odd to me to reimagine the series yet again. Especially when it doesn't feel like it's been that long since the last version (and the recent version was pretty good).

I think everyone's going to compare this to the recent reimagining, opposed to the original 70s version. The bar is pretty high.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2379 posts
599 upvotes
Ontario
We need the original cylons. One of the coolest looking baddies ever.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
5966 posts
880 upvotes
Ottawa
zod wrote: The streamings definitely getting out of control. Everyone's taking their content and locking it up. The old days of lots of content under a single providers are quickly diminishing. I don't think people left $80 cable subs to buy $80/mo of streaming services. If they don't figure out an oldschool netflix, or spotify type service, they're going to lead people back to piracy :(
Not quite a fair comparison, because $80 of streaming services gets you a lot more than $80 worth of cable subscriptions did.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9367 posts
1517 upvotes
Victoria
ConsoleWatcher wrote: Not quite a fair comparison, because $80 of streaming services gets you a lot more than $80 worth of cable subscriptions did.
Maybe.. I had cable as late as last summer. I'd negotiated Basic + Sports for $35 a month. I could of added a bunch of bundles for another 20 or 30 and had lots of content. You can get quite a bit out of cable, if you RFD and stay on top of deals/offers. Given equal levels of content I prefer streaming. No commercials, better picture quality (well at least from disney/netflix/prime), and all content is on demand. No needing to deal with PVR's, fast forwarding through commercials. The experience is so much better.
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
11993 posts
3900 upvotes
Toronto
Mr. Robo wrote: I couldn't get 1977 Battlestar Galactica to view, ...
Sorry didn't notice most of the content is geolocked
I assume VPN is a workaround
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
2396 posts
1516 upvotes
Toronto
So the reboot of the reboot hasn't happened I'm guessing!
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!