• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2016 2:01 pm
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7073 posts
6980 upvotes
The Prairies
BurnsWRC wrote: I've just received a letter from NBC stating that the rewards structure for the World Elite card is changing, found it online too:

https://www.nbc.ca/en/personal/credit-c ... ement.html

What do you guys make of this? Good? Bad? No big change really?
How can making a card less attractive, be a good thing?. No matter how little the change, it leaves the door open for further trimming in the future. I'm willing to bet they aren't trimming the $150 annual fee on this card.
Dec 20, 2015
127 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
They are saying " Rest assured, you have an excellent credit card with a wide range of attractive benefits" lol.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7073 posts
6980 upvotes
The Prairies
mskbot wrote: They are saying " Rest assured, you have an excellent credit card with a wide range of attractive benefits" lol.
Also, they claim they're making the changes to "stay in line with the market".
Wouldn't you want to do the exact opposite, and have your card stand out as more competitive than the competition?
Well, I guess it wouldn't be good for their reputation to just come out and say, it's all about making more money.
Mar 23, 2004
41305 posts
7300 upvotes
Markham
coolintheshade wrote:
mskbot wrote: They are saying " Rest assured, you have an excellent credit card with a wide range of attractive benefits" lol.
Also, they claim they're making the changes to "stay in line with the market".
Wouldn't you want to do the exact opposite, and have your card stand out as more competitive than the competition?
It's called collusion, think big 5 banks, robelus and gas stations.
Aug 9, 2014
468 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Poutinesauce wrote: This is making sure I will never, ever get the NBC card, and keep my Amex Gold.
Agreed. AMEX rarely makes changes to their reward structure or annual fees. I was debating on getting the Scotia Amex, but a bit Leary as Scotia appears to be the owner of the card and calls the shots. That $99 fee is sure to increase soon.. Just a matter of time.