Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[NCIX] [$169.99+ FS ] Minix Neo X8-H Plus Smart Media Hub FHD 4K UHD WiFi

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2015 9:21 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
samson wrote: Dont mean to hijack but did you have to mod the pipo due to heat issues? If so, can you tell me where you got the parts and procedure for the mod
Just get 5mm 100*100mm thermal pad on ebay, for about $7 and slap it on the back of the board. This will transfer some of the heat to the case. One pad is enough for two units. You can find details on freaktab forum.
Didn't bother with heat sinks on the CPU since the difference was reported negligible.
BTW, don't see the point of dual boot on those new X7, it will just eat more storage space
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1746 posts
1010 upvotes
What would the differences be for z64 with x8h/plus.

I have the x8h and find it to work fine. But I want a second box that is updated.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
Superman_2099 wrote: What would the differences be for z64 with x8h/plus.

I have the x8h and find it to work fine. But I want a second box that is updated.
I'm in the same boat. Already have the X8H. Now wondering if I should get the Alienware Alpha or the Minix Z64 mainly as HTPC.
Oct 10, 2010
229 posts
80 upvotes
Ottawa
metalexa wrote: I have the Minix Neo X8-H and and love it. I do agree that the M1 remote is not the best but its usable. I also plugged a mouse and keyboard into it and the right click on the mouse works fine in XBMC. I updated when I first purchased the device but have not since. Don't know if they changed the version but I'm still using XBMC. Used the network cable in the beginning then had to change to wireless to get miracast to work. Now using wireless and it seems to be the same as wired, never did check speeds but just normal use I dont see a difference.

Some problems I noticed is that there are some bugs with the software. I have not updated in a while but the version I have installed does have some. Overall I love the device and would recommend
Yeah, wired mouse works for me to but not logitech all in one. It does work on windows but not android.
Aug 16, 2010
718 posts
729 upvotes
Sudbury
I went for a Fire TV over this. Primarily to get Netflix in HD. Very happy with my choice. Works out around the same with shipping and conversion buying from Ebay resellers.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
I was told by another user on RFD that the Amazon Fire TV box was the best bang for the buck for Kodi for $99 US.

After a month with one I would agree. If you can get one in Buffalo on the weekend it works almost flawlessly (1080p /5.1) and it has a great remote.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Haps13 wrote: I went for a Fire TV over this. Primarily to get Netflix in HD. Very happy with my choice. Works out around the same with shipping and conversion buying from Ebay resellers.
Totally agree. Fire TV box is really good.

I have seen some sellers on kijiji also for ~C$200 fully programmed with all channels.
Sep 14, 2008
513 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
My Opinion: Anyone spending this much on one of these boxes should but one of the "official" 5.0 boxes:

1) Razer Forge TV ($125)
2) NVidia Shield TV ($200 USD, releases in may)
Aug 16, 2010
718 posts
729 upvotes
Sudbury
kool1 wrote: Totally agree. Fire TV box is really good.

I have seen some sellers on kijiji also for ~C$200 fully programmed with all channels.
Not a terrible deal depending what your time is worth. However, there's something to be said about learning to set it up yourself. It's not too hard. But it's not for everyone. But at least when something goes wrong you have a rudmentary knowledge of what to do to fix/add new faetures etc.
Mar 7, 2011
7 posts
2 upvotes
Georgina
Google Nexus player is available for 109. Not 4k but runs kodi and most plugins. Genesis navix ect. Walmart - Google play store
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1746 posts
1010 upvotes
Haps13 wrote: I went for a Fire TV over this. Primarily to get Netflix in HD. Very happy with my choice. Works out around the same with shipping and conversion buying from Ebay resellers.
Free Netflix HD?
How does Xbmc run?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
kool1 wrote: Totally agree. Fire TV box is really good.

bballhead wrote: Google Nexus player is available for 109. Not 4k but runs kodi and most plugins. Genesis navix ect. Walmart - Google play store
Does Kodi still suffer from the black crush problems on Android? I had to stop using the Ouya for this reason and bought a NUC.
Banned
Oct 22, 2014
20 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
thumbs up for 802.11ac and an antenna, but thumbs down for lack of Intel/Windows 8 option.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2126 posts
1449 upvotes
Durham
Correct me if I'm wrong, but 4k on these boxes are pointless unless there is a 4k feed from Kodi. My understanding is it is only for 4k content you run through SD or USB. If you have a 4Ktv, you can just use the USB port for your 4K content. As for futureproof? I'm waiting until one with HDMI 2.0 comes out before upgrading from my MX dual core

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)