($20 off) Xbox One controller for Windows

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2015 11:35 am
36 replies
Jan 8, 2014
431 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
Does this controller work for PC games that released before the Xbox One came out like NBA 2K13 or NBA 2K14?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1775 posts
1973 upvotes
This is probably the cheapest you will see these controllers go except for errors or very special deals. At least in the near future.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 24, 2005
5747 posts
334 upvotes
When is MS going to release the wireless ones for PC.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2014
132 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cPadfoot wrote: Does this controller work for PC games that released before the Xbox One came out like NBA 2K13 or NBA 2K14?
It should. If the game support the Xbox 360 controller, it should support the One as well since they're so similar.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15276 posts
2489 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
xwar wrote: When is MS going to release the wireless ones for PC.
Technically these are wireless controllers. They just need to make a wireless receiver dongle.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2360 posts
1318 upvotes
Why not just get the wireless 360 controller with the dongle? the XB1 controller offers no better features over the 360 one. Ive got two of em great for multiplayer
Jan 23, 2011
199 posts
95 upvotes
cPadfoot wrote: Does this controller work for PC games that released before the Xbox One came out like NBA 2K13 or NBA 2K14?
Yes, it will work if the game is compatible with the 360 controller. You will need Microsoft's 360 controller driver, and the system will recognize the One controller as a 360 controller.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20521 posts
9972 upvotes
Oakville
Psyclist wrote: Why not just get the wireless 360 controller with the dongle? the XB1 controller offers no better features over the 360 one. Ive got two of em great for multiplayer
Because then you can't use it with your XBox One. Really, this is just an XBox One controller with a long USB cable. There's nothing else special about it.
Jan 23, 2011
199 posts
95 upvotes
For anyone who wants a cheaper controller, ncix does have the 360 controller for windows (wired) for $28.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2952 posts
1367 upvotes
Markham
Good price, cheapest I see is $30 during Xmas
Aug 20, 2009
8968 posts
4228 upvotes
Bug them on twitter, people have been asking for awhile and they are totally silent about it. Social media is the best way to make sure they know demand is there.
Nov 29, 2011
968 posts
344 upvotes
Milton
These controllers are already PC, it's just that the wireless signal they use is proprietary, and so what's needed is the dongle for PC that can receive the signal, like with the 360 controllers. The "PC" 360 controllers were literally identical to any other 360 controller.
Psyclist wrote: Why not just get the wireless 360 controller with the dongle? the XB1 controller offers no better features over the 360 one. Ive got two of em great for multiplayer
If the use is purely PC, I'd agree. I wouldn't want to go back to wired. If the PC is connected to the TV, where you'd be sitting further away than at a desk, wired would be irritating. Even at a desk-type setup, why have extra cords in the way?

That said, if someone also has an Xbox One, and wants it to serve as another controller, then there's a reason right there. It's presumed MS will release a wireless dongle for Xbox One at some point, so if you have both an Xbox One and PC, it'd make sense to get a controller that can be used on both, even if it means using a USB cable with PC for the time being.

But while the Xbox One controller is nicer, I wouldn't say it's nice enough to offset wired vs wireless, if this was just for PC use.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1546 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
I already have a USB wire on my desk for charging the phone, so I just connect this controller to it when needed. This controller feels better to hold and press buttons than a 360 one I used for 10 years.
Would also recommed Kontrol Freek addons for better driving, I can outdrive anyone with those.
Nov 21, 2014
57 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I price matched at BB and picked one up. Thanked.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 24, 2005
5747 posts
334 upvotes
MAUL0r wrote: I price matched at BB and picked one up. Thanked.
I tried but they wanted to charge me ncix restocking fee of 15 percent!
Jan 2, 2007
335 posts
27 upvotes
North Bay
from what im reading on NCIX, can someone correct if im wrong, but is this just a regular Xbox 1 controler, wireless, but u get a cable that makes it work with windows? Thus i could purchase this for my xbox 1 instead and keep the cable for "later use" ?
Nov 21, 2014
57 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, ON
xwar wrote: I tried but they wanted to charge me ncix restocking fee of 15 percent!
Really? that blows, I didn't have any issues. :(
Nov 21, 2014
57 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, ON
fuzzai wrote: from what im reading on NCIX, can someone correct if im wrong, but is this just a regular Xbox 1 controler, wireless, but u get a cable that makes it work with windows? Thus i could purchase this for my xbox 1 instead and keep the cable for "later use" ?
That is correct, regular wireless controller with "Cable for windows" that is detachable.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 24, 2005
5747 posts
334 upvotes
MAUL0r wrote: Really? that blows, I didn't have any issues. :(
yup i was pretty annoyed, but they said it was their policy and there was nothing that could be done. this was the Dundas and Bay location.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)