Expired Hot Deals

NCIX

ADATA Premier Microsdxc UHS-1 U1 CLASS10 64GB Memory Card w/ Adapter $25.99 *Free Shipping*

[OP]
Apr 5, 2005
548 posts
133 upvotes
Montreal

[NCIX] ADATA Premier Microsdxc UHS-1 U1 CLASS10 64GB Memory Card w/ Adapter $25.99 *Free Shipping*

NCIX has the ADATA UHS-1 64GB microSD on sale this week for $25.99 with free ground shipping.
Last week this was $26.99 so the "Discount as per NCIX of $19.99" is to be taken with a grain of salt.
Last week MemoryExpress had this card on a one day deal of $19.99 but shipping was $8.99.

Storage Capacity 64 GB
Limited Warranty Lifetime
/Edit Updated speeds as NCIX's page info is lower:
Speeds as per http://www.adata.com/en/sd/specification/203
Seq Read/Write rate up to 50 / 10 (MB/s)**
Random Read/Write: 1400 /100 (IOPs)**
**Read/write speed based on ADATA internal testing; performance may be lower depending on host device.
/End Edit

Speed Class Rating Class 10/UHS-I
Manufacturer Part Number: AUSDX64GUICL10-RA1

Thread Summary
Only a warm deal if you consider that it's shipping included.
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6578 posts
1197 upvotes
although the price is good, there are better alternatives out there especially for dashcams which require faster write and better durability with MLC NAND
Amazon has a Lexar 633x 64GB for $24.99 which uses MLC NAND, yes you will need filler to get free shipping without prime but that is a better card. link
Last edited by sf1 on Jan 27th, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1193 upvotes
Montreal
is this a good price ?
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
[OP]
Apr 5, 2005
548 posts
133 upvotes
Montreal
marc_t wrote: is this a good price ?
For this brand, speed and size - sort of.
You can find for cheaper but not with free shipping. 3x Camels have this exact card selling for $23.74 from a 3rd party seller on Amazon.ca - but as it's 3rd party that opens the discussion of it being a real or fake card.
I've used Adata cards in my phones, cameras, etc and never had one go bad on me.

Looking at the Lexar page for the card sf1 linked to the speed rating of the Lexar 633x card is listed as:
"Leverages UHS-I technology for a transfer speed up to 95MB/s (633x)*"
*Up to 95MB/s read transfer, write speeds lower. Speeds based on internal testing. Actual performance may vary. x=150KB/s.
Ref: http://www.lexar.com/products/memory-ca ... cards.html
I'm not claiming to be knowledgeable enough to question Lexar's speeds but I'm curious as to why they label their card UHS-I but claim UHS-I U3 speeds without actually using the industry standard naming of U3.
Last edited by thrifter on Jan 27th, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2004
1181 posts
703 upvotes
mississauga, Ontario
I bought this for 19.99 last year, but fail in 2 months, lazy to send it to US for warranty
Never again! HTC , Wind Mobile , Air China
Feb 12, 2015
48 posts
28 upvotes
West Vancouver, BC
Not that great of a deal, both Memory Express and NCIX run $23.99-24.99
I've had memory express beat the 19.99 price before bringing it down to ~$18 before taxes

The fact that Lexar 633X is the same price right now I would definitely go with the Lexar over the ADATA
My dash cam has killed the ADATA cards before so I'm only using them in my phone/tablet or digital camera now.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5395 posts
2610 upvotes
dont buy these. high failure rate it seems (as per RFD testimonies). my first one failed inside a cell phone. sent it to the US for warranty but never got a response and too lazy to follow up now. then my 2nd one failed inside a dashcam. never again adata.
[OP]
Apr 5, 2005
548 posts
133 upvotes
Montreal
BenK wrote: dont buy these. high failure rate it seems (as per RFD testimonies). my first one failed inside a cell phone. sent it to the US for warranty but never got a response and too lazy to follow up now. then my 2nd one failed inside a dashcam. never again adata.
Thanks for chiming in. My personal experience with Adata has been flawless. Can't say the same for Sandisk.
Granted I've only made use of Adata in cell phones and cameras; hardly high heat / write demands like in a dashcam.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
14251 posts
3483 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
marc_t wrote: is this a good price ?
Chi-tel wrote: I bought this for 19.99 last year, but fail in 2 months, lazy to send it to US for warranty
Yeah, these used to be $19.99 at NCIX regularly, but last year is last year. If you can hold out, I would wait a couple of months to see what the price trend is.

I haven't had any problems with 16 and 32GB Adata cards, but have not tried a 64.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8641 posts
3809 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
thrifter wrote: Granted I've only made use of Adata in cell phones and cameras; hardly high heat / write demands like in a dashcam.
My ADATA card actually died in my phone in less than a year. Nothing stressful just holding music files. Cost more for me to ship to the US for warranty than to buy a new one so I just tossed it.
Banned
Jan 3, 2017
160 posts
61 upvotes
There is a terrible design flaw in this product that locks up the card too easily and compromises your data since you cannot then erase the card. I have never had this issue with any other brand of flash memory before.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22293 posts
3156 upvotes
bolethicle wrote: There is a terrible design flaw in this product that locks up the card too easily and compromises your data since you cannot then erase the card. I have never had this issue with any other brand of flash memory before.
Mine has this exact issue. Nothing will format it and the warranty requires an intact card, unlike SanDisk. I tossed all adata cards and replaced with sandisk cards. Adata is simply terrible.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2004
1181 posts
703 upvotes
mississauga, Ontario
bolethicle wrote: There is a terrible design flaw in this product that locks up the card too easily and compromises your data since you cannot then erase the card. I have never had this issue with any other brand of flash memory before.
same issue !never adata again
Never again! HTC , Wind Mobile , Air China