Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

Belkin Conserve Clutter Reducing Power Switch $4.99 free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2015 4:17 pm
[OP]
Nov 24, 2007
131 posts
31 upvotes

[NCIX] Belkin Conserve Clutter Reducing Power Switch $4.99 free shipping

I was looking at something like this for a while, Amazon.ca has it for $10.99, and you don't get free shipping until after $25.

This is a great price at $4.99, plus free shipping.

Couldn't find it on BB, so no option to price match. I tried :)
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7309 posts
1683 upvotes
I wonder how long it would take to recover the cost of this switch... I don't appliance trickling electricity while off uses that much power.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44569 posts
7782 upvotes
Ah I see that its back on sale. Thanks OP!
Blanka
[OP]
Nov 24, 2007
131 posts
31 upvotes
I was thinking of using this for a monitor that doesn't have a built in power switch, and other gadgets, like a Raspberry Pi, that has no actual power switch and is always plugged in.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2009
4843 posts
9268 upvotes
Scarborough
bought it last time when it was on sale for the same price. Using it on our hot water dispenser so we do not need to leave it continously boiling at night. Works well.
Get a deal, share a deal
Happy Deal Hunting
Apr 28, 2013
78 posts
41 upvotes
Sherbrooke
eladmk wrote: bought it last time when it was on sale for the same price. Using it on our hot water dispenser so we do not need to leave it continously boiling at night. Works well.
LOL. Good one.

P.
Dec 11, 2014
4 posts
King City, ON
I used it for a rice cooker no power switch only has cooking and warm options and a TV top box which is very warm though powered off, basically it saves you from unpluging the cables.
Nov 30, 2003
192 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
If you have a Daiso nearby, these types of power outlet switches can be bought for $3. In Japan they're $1.
Jun 8, 2010
198 posts
110 upvotes
Edmonton
Better to get IR ones and turn on/off with remotes or phone if it has IR.

Forget it. Will make you lazy.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4113 posts
1634 upvotes
Montreal
I don't get it. Is this to save us from pulling the plug out of the wall socket? If so pretty lame IMO ...
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
1200 posts
388 upvotes
GT!! wrote: I don't get it. Is this to save us from pulling the plug out of the wall socket? If so pretty lame IMO ...
I think that's the idea. It's more of a hassle to have to unplug the cord than to flip a switch probably.

JamesA1 wrote: On sale for $3.99 in March: ncix-belkin-power-switch-3-99-f-s-1700877/
Actually if you go back to that thread, people were complaining how $3.99 was still too much for this.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
297 upvotes
Midland
Just unplug the cord. Is that so hard? And it's free. :)
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Jun 8, 2010
198 posts
110 upvotes
Edmonton
gordholio wrote: Just unplug the cord. Is that so hard? And it's free. :)
There are places that make it very hard to unplug the cords. And if you do it all the time, not good for the plugs. We've had broken plugs because we kept unplugging them. Only a few but it does happen.
Banned
Apr 9, 2015
186 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
My two came today, shipping was fast, next day shipping and free too!

I bought them mainly for the convenience of not having to unplug my appliances.

Funny how the packaging is a huge waste, when this is a green product supposedly used for conservation.

(Before you look at the pics, take a guess what is underneath the smaller box inside (under the wording)).

Also, The 2 boxes came in an even bigger outer box, no pics cause it has my address on it. Just too much wasteful packaging.

Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10801 posts
3345 upvotes
Montreal, QC
This is amazon's frustration free packaging I think
Jan 4, 2010
300 posts
342 upvotes
Mississauga
Can someone explain? If I plug my TV/PS4 into this when both are off/on standby this won't use any power? Automatically?
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10153 posts
990 upvotes
Toronto
why do that when you have a Power Bar ??
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."