Tags:
None
Oct 8, 2005
298 posts
5 upvotes
Alberta

NCIX and DirectCanada one and the same?

Hi,
I've been hearing claims that NCIX owns DC. Does anyone know if there is any truth to it? Is there a way to find out if they do or not?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2005
3302 posts
2 upvotes
They do. Just search this forum for "DirectCanada owned by NCIX" or something like that and you'll find a huge thread where it was verified when DC originally opened.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 24, 2005
5763 posts
353 upvotes
yes, they are the same ... they are both use the same warehouses in Vancouver.

I called DC before and I got NCIX customer support.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2002
1615 posts
326 upvotes
Wow really? Why are direct canada's prices so much better than ncix though?
Resident Tranceaddict
Deal Fanatic
Dec 9, 2003
9283 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
thendless wrote: Wow really? Why are direct canada's prices so much better than ncix though?
Don't know why, but DC basically never has sales. Their "regular" prices are usually lower than NCIX's, but if NCIX has a sale, it will be cheaper.

The other great thing about DC is that you get free shipping on orders of $300 and above. With NCIX you always gotta pay shipping.
Machine: AMD 7950X3D | Asus X670E-E | 64GB Corsair DDR5-6000 | 4 + 2TB WD SN850X NVMe | 6TB WD Black | 16 + 14TB WD Gold | Corsair 7000D | Corsair RM850x | Asus RTX 4070 Super | 2 x 32" ViewSonic VX3276-2K-MHD | Win11 Pro 64-bit
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2004
1559 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary
solofly wrote: Hi,
I've been hearing claims that NCIX owns DC. Does anyone know if there is any truth to it? Is there a way to find out if they do or not?
I'm afraid, thats true... Guess u haven't heard about "nxsource" then??.
If "humans" are capable of the level of advancement that we have made in the last 5000 years, why is it considered normal that the other 395,000 years of human habitation has almost no technological advancement? **************USA: The land of the armed, Home of the scared******************
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2002
1615 posts
326 upvotes
Oversized Rooster wrote: Don't know why, but DC basically never has sales. Their "regular" prices are usually lower than NCIX's, but if NCIX has a sale, it will be cheaper.

The other great thing about DC is that you get free shipping on orders of $300 and above. With NCIX you always gotta pay shipping.
Ya... Even on a lot of NCIX's sales, a lot of the items are still lower on directcanada even though they are not on sale... hah
Resident Tranceaddict
Oct 8, 2005
298 posts
5 upvotes
Alberta
prying eyes wrote: I'm afraid, thats true... Guess u haven't heard about "nxsource" then??.
No I haven't but thank you for pointing it out. Pretty sneaky...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8488 posts
1291 upvotes
Brampton
what i heard is that they are aimed towards different consumers. The more tech savy ones go for directcanada for just purchasing the product. Ncix gives more customer service and is more in depth with reviews and forums. And NXsource of for business companies.
Deal Guru
Sep 9, 2003
10598 posts
4850 upvotes
Burnaby
So that they can steal all the web customers out east, and make walk-in customers pay higher prices (NCIX regular pricing)

If NCIX had differing prices in-store and online, somebody's bound to go berserk. This way, higher earnings capacity.

A tiny percentage will be able to take advantage of this setup (Vancouver-based RFD), by getting the better pricing via pricematching, but that's a tiny part of the business. Regardless, their lenient price matching policy has improved customer loyalty - this is how PMing should be done, and I haven't shopped outside of NCIX and FS/BBY in quite a few years (the latter for big discounts)