Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

NCIX - Xiaomi Mi Box 3 - $109.00 CDN + free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2017 9:26 am
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Painman wrote: $40 to $50 more than the Lightinthebox sale. But... I would have it delivered by next week vs some time in July. Decisions decisions!
ncix has been terrible lately so fast shipping is no guarantee. Only guarantee for fast shipping is to pony up $150 and get it same day via amazon. That's what I did for my first mibox. No complaints at all.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
i don't know one way or the other, all i can say is the International Version i got from here has no issues with NetFlix, whether it's the luck of the draw or Walmart vs. International versions i don't know, these ones come in a brown box.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6877 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
has anyone got amazon video working? i tried the sony android tv app and everything works but playing videos? so strange since the service is legally available in canada...
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
bylo wrote: Which location? The ones closest to the border seem to sell out fastest. I went a little further away, to 3290 Sheridan Dr in Amherst, before I found stock.
I just hit the NF location. I was already in the area at the UPS store anyways. I might just order one to that location. I have 2 friends at work that have the boxes as well so I will probably try one of theirs.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Evil Baby wrote: I just hit the NF location.
When I popped in there over Easter looking for a Mi Box the clerk muttered something about those @#$%ing Canadians who keep buying up all his stock ;)
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
markj wrote: has anyone got amazon video working? i tried the sony android tv app and everything works but playing videos? so strange since the service is legally available in canada...
amazon video is only available on a shield running android tv 7.0 nougat as far as I know. might be wrong though....
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
bylo wrote: When I popped in there over Easter looking for a Mi Box the clerk muttered something about those @#$%ing Canadians who keep buying up all his stock ;)
Not surprised. I've heard the comment before at that Walmart. I'm sure they'd love more Canadians to come back now though. That Sams Club is nearly dead. I honestly can't believe the difference between that Sams Club and the Costco in St. Catharines.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6877 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
schmii wrote: Amazon requires turning off location service on Shield. I'm not sure if it applies to the Mi.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=amazon+s ... e&ie=UTF-8
thanks ill give that a shot...

im running the mibox nougat beta but both the amazon video shield/sony app and phone app dont work (via sideloading)..
Last edited by markj on May 8th, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
schmii wrote: Amazon requires turning off location service on Shield. I'm not sure if it applies to the Mi.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=amazon+s ... e&ie=UTF-8
Yes but the Amazon app is native in android tv 7.0 (and like you said requires turning off location services to become visible)

You can't download it from the play store.

I'm not sure if the miboxes running the 7.0 beta have been able to successfully access Amazon video.
Apr 13, 2017
37 posts
5 upvotes
Surrey
my mibox never gave me the netfix error message till about a week ago, the only thing that fixed it for me was unplugging the tv for a few sec. then plugging it back in ! actually i turned the power bar off for everything !

think it might have to do with losing the hdcp 2.2 hand shake !

give that a try !
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
RayS688 wrote: my mibox never gave me the netfix error message till about a week ago, the only thing that fixed it for me was unplugging the tv for a few sec. then plugging it back in ! actually i turned the power bar off for everything !

think it might have to do with losing the hdcp 2.2 hand shake !

give that a try !
I've tried pretty much everything. I got it to report HDCP once but it still wouldn't play 4k content. Once I manually changed the resolution on the MiBox it lost HDCP 2.2 and reported as unsupported.

I couldn't get it back to 2.2

However, my FireTV with the exact same HDMI cable, on the exact same TV on the exact same input has zero issues reporting HDCP 2.2 a decent no issues playing 4K Netflix.
Jan 27, 2013
965 posts
1340 upvotes
Did it work?
markj wrote: thanks ill give that a shot...

im running the mibox nougat beta but both the amazon video shield/sony app and phone app dont work (via sideloading)..
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6877 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
MakeItCheap wrote: Did it work?
nope, tried 3 amazon video apps now and they all dont work...very dissapointing

edit: i did get it working by using a special amazon video apk 'prime launcher' you can find it on android tv subreddit
Last edited by markj on May 9th, 2017 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1206 posts
529 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Can I ask those who have this box a few questions?

1) Is the voice search same as Google Assistant?
2) How much does the speed drops by when using VPN?
eg. with my Fire TV2 Without VPN I get 90Mbps and with PIA VPN I get 40Mbps
3) How is Harmony remote and Hub with this unit?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
SleepyEyez wrote: Can I ask those who have this box a few questions?

1) Is the voice search same as Google Assistant?
2) How much does the speed drops by when using VPN?
eg. with my Fire TV2 Without VPN I get 90Mbps and with PIA VPN I get 40Mbps
3) How is Harmony remote and Hub with this unit?
all i can tell you is with Kodi, go to the add on you want to use, go to search, and use voice.......also works with YouTube, but not Netflix, that's all i've used it for (Netflix doesn't accept/use voice search, i contacted them and asked). i don't use a VPN or have Hub.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)