Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

Roam Mobility $4.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2017 5:31 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1274 posts
1454 upvotes
Surrey

[NCIX] Roam Mobility $4.99

Stumbled onto this while browsing around NCIX. There is a limit of 5 per customer and it is a web only deal.

Searched for a thread on this but did not find one so I posted. Apologies if this is a repost.
34 replies
Nov 13, 2016
457 posts
652 upvotes
Ontario
I dont know any thing about this company , is the 4.99 just foor the SIM card ?
Still being robbed by Canada's Telecos.
Looking forward to dotmobile.
Sep 3, 2016
196 posts
24 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
zhadj030 wrote: I dont know any thing about this company , is the 4.99 just foor the SIM card ?
Looks like it. You will need to pay more if you want to use it. (Plans start at $5/day)
Nov 13, 2016
457 posts
652 upvotes
Ontario
jtm024 wrote: Looks like it. You will need to pay more if you want to use it. (Plans start at $5/day)
OK thanks
Still being robbed by Canada's Telecos.
Looking forward to dotmobile.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1274 posts
1454 upvotes
Surrey
jtm024 wrote: Looks like it. You will need to pay more if you want to use it. (Plans start at $5/day)
Here's the site for more info.

https://roammobility.com/

You'll need a device that is unlocked. It won't work with a locked device.

As a note on this offer. I tried to order online and pick up but only one location showed for me. I had to call in to place the order and get them to select the store for pickup. So in case anyone runs into any problems, that's what I did.
Jan 28, 2011
119 posts
25 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Yes, it's just for the SIM. Normally, it's 9.95$, or 14.95$ for 2 SIM cards. You have to choose a plan afterward, which can be expensive depending on the data/minutes you want.

For my next trip to the USA (9 days), I'm trying T-Mobile tourist plan. It's 30$USD (including SIM card) for 1000 USA minutes, unlimited texts to over 140 countries, and 2GB of LTE data (unlimited 2G afterward) for 21 days. No extension possible. The only downward, you have to use a US credit card and the shipping has to be to the USA if your not purchasing this package on a T-Mobile kiosk.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2003
1476 posts
336 upvotes
BC
Thx OP, good to have a couple backups for friends/family. I have used mine many times, works great for short trips.
CHIA
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Myrandor wrote: Yes, it's just for the SIM. Normally, it's 9.95$, or 14.95$ for 2 SIM cards. You have to choose a plan afterward, which can be expensive depending on the data/minutes you want.

For my next trip to the USA (9 days), I'm trying T-Mobile tourist plan. It's 30$USD (including SIM card) for 1000 USA minutes, unlimited texts to over 140 countries, and 2GB of LTE data (unlimited 2G afterward) for 21 days. No extension possible. The only downward, you have to use a US credit card and the shipping has to be to the USA if your not purchasing this package on a T-Mobile kiosk.
That's not a bad deal, is it new?

Roam is pretty good for those short trips here and there. You get 0.5GB of data a day, which is pretty much unlimited in my views.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2525 posts
1046 upvotes
Burnaby
I used it on a camp trip to birch bay. Surprised i got a signal at the camp site. Was kind of spotty in general. Was on tmobile sometimes, affilaiates i guess. Sometimes had full bars but no service. $5 / day was ok. Need more time, just log in and add $.

Note it wont activate till you cross boarder into states.

Be aware there is a .ca and .com site
Last edited by Psykopathik on Aug 28th, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
Thanks OP.

If you do not care as to what US number you get and as to keeping that number afterwards, I found a good alternative for those (like me) who occasionally need 2-4 weeks of full service in the US (including 5-10GB of LTE data and unlimited calls to USA and Canada and Mexico): there are several ebay US sellers who sell preloaded T-Mobile SIM cards, pre-activated with T-Mobile $50/month or $60/month plan (unlimited local/international text/calls, 5-10GB of LTE data per month). Such SIM cards are sold for around USD$25 (shipped free to an ameri-friend or to your hotel in the USA). Shipping to Canada is available but it is stupidly expensive. The prepaid service loaded on these SIMs expires in 30 days from activation (you send an email to the seller the day before you need activation of the service). Extending the service for one additional month is expensive (another USD $50 or $60) and not worth it; for longer stays, it is better to buy another one of these SIM cards ahead of time and activate the second SIM, with a new phone number, when the first SIM expires. Search on ebay.ca for: preloaded T-MOBILE SIM MONTH FREE.

I used such a SIM last year in the USA and service was very good in those areas with good T-Mobile coverage. Even after burning through 10GB of LTE data in less than two weeks (tethering for the entire family), there was still unlimited 2G data connection for the remainder of 30 days, slow but OK for Google maps and real-time navigation. Or, if you have data/minutes left at the end of your trip when you return to Canada, you can continue to use the remaining data/minutes in Canada until 30th day from activation.
Dec 20, 2007
958 posts
339 upvotes
Used to be decent when the sim cards expired after one year, now it's what, 6 months?
Plus the major carriers have better roaming plans now..
TELUS 7.00 a day and you use your regular plan
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
If you are not in a hurry to get one try the following link, I am not an orchard customer but I got the free sim within 2-3 weeks. (they sent it via regular mail)

http://get.roammobility.com/orchardoffe ... ai0GPog5Yw

This is the original RFD thread about it roam-mobility-free-sim-card-orchard-users-2092607/
Last edited by apvm on Aug 28th, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4734 posts
147 upvotes
Markham/GTA
apvm wrote: If you are not in a hurry to get one try the following link, I am not an orchard customer but I got the free sim within 2-3 weeks. (they sent it via regular mail)

http://get.roammobility.com/orchardoffe ... ai0GPog5Yw
Does this have expiry? For example if I go to USA in a few years, would this SIM still work?
Tangerine, GreatCanadianRebates, Rakuten, Coinbase, Shakepay
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1733 posts
1761 upvotes
Markham, ON
yoshim wrote: Does this have expiry? For example if I go to USA in a few years, would this SIM still work?
If you don't activate, it will be good for years until you activate.
If you activate it and use, you will have to re-use it within a year or it will expire.
Even if you don't go to the US, you can simply add a feature within the 12 months to extend the life of the SIM card.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4734 posts
147 upvotes
Markham/GTA
habsfan9 wrote: If you don't activate, it will be good for years until you activate.
If you activate it and use, you will have to re-use it within a year or it will expire.
Even if you don't go to the US, you can simply add a feature within the 12 months to extend the life of the SIM card.
Thanks!
Tangerine, GreatCanadianRebates, Rakuten, Coinbase, Shakepay
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1295 posts
568 upvotes
North York, ON
Thanks OP for the freebie.
Sep 5, 2008
26 posts
39 upvotes
vancouver
Thanks. Picked up 2. We use them the past few times we went to the states... easy to use.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2006
1127 posts
544 upvotes
Ottawa
I travel to the US a lot. I have used prepaid SIM cards & plans from Net10, Straight Talk, AT&T, T-Mobile, Boost & Virgin. And Roam.

Roam had by far the worst coverage and performance. Traveling around New York state, Maine & New England I got no data except in the largest cities, and even when I got a signal it was slow and inconsistent. It is an MVNO on T-Mobile so you are getting the worst network. But it seems to be a second-class citizen even on the T-Mobile network.

If you will be in the states for more than a day or two, and will be outside a major city, stop into a Target or Walmart and pick up a prepaid card/plan that will get you onto the Verizon or AT&T network. For example one of the Tracfone brands. $30 typically gets you a month of coverage including several GB of data.
McDealer: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees.
Wolfman: Holy s*** , it's McDealer!
Jul 5, 2017
594 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
HiEveryone wrote: Used to be decent when the sim cards expired after one year, now it's what, 6 months?
Plus the major carriers have better roaming plans now..
TELUS 7.00 a day and you use your regular plan
I believe they changed it back to 1 year expiry.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)