[NCIX] Sony Xperia Z Ultra Black/White $379.99 *warm*
- Deal Link:
- 42% off
- January 21, 2015
Jan 16th, 2015 1:28 pm
Nearby NCIX locations:
Jan 16th, 2015 1:39 pm
Jan 16th, 2015 1:41 pm
Jan 16th, 2015 1:44 pm
Cheaper at expansys when you add it in your cart. It is $357.13 plus shipping and tax.whiteGSR wrote: ↑It was literally 359.99 or so at ncix the past few weeks, and currently 374.99 shipped + taxes at expansys
http://www.expansys.ca/sony-xperia-z-ul ... te-251964/
http://www.expansys.ca/sony-xperia-z-ul ... ck-251963/
http://www.expansys.ca/sony-xperia-z-ul ... le-251965/
Jan 16th, 2015 1:50 pm
Jan 16th, 2015 1:52 pm
Jan 16th, 2015 1:59 pm
Jan 16th, 2015 1:59 pm
Jan 16th, 2015 2:33 pm
nayab9 wrote: ↑As an owner of this phone (and tons of other flagships) for ~1 year, will throw in some feedback (as objective as possible) in case anyone is interested.
* Incredibly easy bootloader unlock (and by extension, root).
* Decent (not fantastic like OPO, not abysmal like the mate 2) ROM support. We have stock roms, paranoid android and CM11 + CM12 (buggy).
* The hardware is fantastic, this is a high end smartphone no question. Super fast with minimal UI latency in both apps and games.
* The screen is bloody brilliant for watching media (I watch movies and TV shows on it doing elliptical/stepper at the gym).
* Water resistant (nice to have, even if you don't care about it).
* The dock (additional $15 accessory from amazon) makes it convenient for charging (since the the water resistant ability makes it annoying to access the micro usb).
* Great battery life (if you babysit android properly - this applies to any android phone).
* Really light and really thin, BUT still feels very rugged and firm.
* I find this phone a tad bit large, and I really like huge phones. It's just slightly past a point that is comfortably manageable (for me, as a 20-something year old male who is not hipster and wears regular jeans with regular size pant pockets). I would say 6" @ 70-75% screen/body ratio is the largest comfortably manageable size (i.e. Nexus 6, Lumia 1520 - both of which I also have).
* Water resistant makes it annoying as heck to access the micro USB (and by extension, the sealing mechanism will rip off eventually - happened to me already and got it replaced via sony care).
* The camera blows. Seriously the camera really sucks. I've tried many different apps; adjusting settings and it simply is lacking. There is no flash which doesn't help its case. Don't buy this if you care about taking pictures with your smartphone.
* Somewhat awkward ergonomically compared to some of my other phones. Feels a little top heavy sometimes, like it is going to drop forward (you get used it, though).
Jan 16th, 2015 2:36 pm
Jan 16th, 2015 2:37 pm
Jan 16th, 2015 2:43 pm
Jan 16th, 2015 2:44 pm
You can use a pencil and many other strange objects. The phone has no flash, but who actually uses flash on a smartphone? Pics in the dark always turn out awful. The camera is acceptable for mild usage. I've had the phone for 2 years and I love it.
Jan 16th, 2015 3:10 pm
Jan 16th, 2015 3:13 pm