Shopping Discussion

[NCIX] Xiaomi Products Available!

  • Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2015 12:35 pm
32 replies
Member
User avatar
Dec 16, 2008
220 posts
102 upvotes
This doesn't surprise me at all since NCIX is based in BC and BC is a Chinese colony.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1519 posts
134 upvotes
Downtown
also the prices are marked up so high lol... this ain't HOT...
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
2207 posts
1831 upvotes
Not hot but beats waiting a month for your package from China
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1720 posts
1086 upvotes
sale prices look to be ~30% more than what you'll pay from chinese places, *plus* you'll be paying taxes and shipping(Mi band is ~$15usd[~18cnd) from china. Its ~20$cnd plus shipping at NCIX while on sale, and over $32 plus shipping at reg)

Unless you *NEED* the thing in 3-5 days, you're way ahead ordering it from china.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1558 posts
1452 upvotes
Scott86 wrote: sale prices look to be ~30% more than what you'll pay from chinese places, *plus* you'll be paying taxes and shipping(Mi band is ~$15usd[~18cnd) from china. Its ~20$cnd plus shipping at NCIX while on sale, and over $32 plus shipping at reg)

Unless you *NEED* the thing in 3-5 days, you're way ahead ordering it from china.
While more pricey, it's nice having an option where you don't wait 6 weeks. My pistons took 44 days from when I ordered them.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 7, 2014
2221 posts
1511 upvotes
C'mon, you cant expect NCIX (Canadian seller) to have the same price as overseas sellers. Lets be real here.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
1553 posts
524 upvotes
Toronto
Does Mi Box have official English UI? or NCIX sells the product only with Chinese UI and manual in Canada?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Feb 6, 2003
10669 posts
1127 upvotes
Vancouver
Scott86 wrote: sale prices look to be ~30% more than what you'll pay from chinese places, *plus* you'll be paying taxes and shipping(Mi band is ~$15usd[~18cnd) from china. Its ~20$cnd plus shipping at NCIX while on sale, and over $32 plus shipping at reg)
It's almost like they're importing the stuff and marking it up to make some profit on their end. Inconceivable!
<< Public Mobile, Zoomer Wireless, Uber Eats, DoorDash, Tangerine, Coast Capital user >>
FS: **Free shipping on Tues** 6TB-2TB HDDs, Low Profile Cooler, FREE heatsinks/fans/misc
MY HEATWARE
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 19, 2011
1540 posts
1125 upvotes
Montreal
Alvord wrote: C'mon, you cant expect NCIX (Canadian seller) to have the same price as overseas sellers. Lets be real here.
You realize this is RFD right? The notion that time can equal money does not occur within these walls.
Jr. Member
Mar 7, 2010
142 posts
53 upvotes
Scott86 wrote: sale prices look to be ~30% more than what you'll pay from chinese places, *plus* you'll be paying taxes and shipping(Mi band is ~$15usd[~18cnd) from china. Its ~20$cnd plus shipping at NCIX while on sale, and over $32 plus shipping at reg)

Unless you *NEED* the thing in 3-5 days, you're way ahead ordering it from china.
Except you're ordering from a reliable company and you have a return policy.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1720 posts
1086 upvotes
Amourek wrote: It's almost like they're importing the stuff and marking it up to make some profit on their end. Inconceivable!
You're right, and i apologize for making a post trying to give people an idea of what that difference is. Clearly RFD is not the appropriate place that that kind of discussion. :confused:
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
3992 posts
2937 upvotes
Calgary
noregister wrote: This doesn't surprise me at all since NCIX is based in BC and BC is a Chinese colony.
now i know why there's a Hongcouver & Licheeemen :D
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2248 upvotes
Canadia
noregister wrote: This doesn't surprise me at all since NCIX is based in BC and BC is a Chinese colony.
Racist. Stats Can says that 10.6% of BC residents classify themselves as Chinese. Twice as many consider themselves of Scottish heritage. ;)
Jr. Member
Dec 23, 2010
147 posts
43 upvotes
The price is ridiculous,even the pp.
This is NOT a deal.

Top