Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[NCIX] Xiaomi Xiaoyi WiFi Smart CMOS Camera

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2015 12:43 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 28, 2005
752 posts
607 upvotes
folinc wrote: If I disabled the set time from internet, What will happen when the power is disconnected?
Can we set the time from other internet source which is the right time zone?
Power loss would reset clock to 12:00 on some really old date. You have to set date manually again.
Dec 13, 2006
722 posts
652 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought a couple of these for security, had a 32gb sd card in them, someone broke in to my place, thank god i had these camera's hidden, go to check the footage! Awesome , the car was full and hasnt recorded a video in over a month, what a kick in the pants. Does anyone know how to get a loop function to work on these, or do i need to buy a dashcam instead?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2981 posts
1066 upvotes
folinc wrote: If I disabled the set time from internet, What will happen when the power is disconnected?
Can we set the time from other internet source which is the right time zone?
tivo_box wrote: I telnetted into the camera (username: root / password: 1234qwer)

Code: Select all

cd /home
mv ntpdate ntpdate.orig
touch ntpdate
chmod 755 ntpdate
date -s "2015-06-02 22:00"
The commands above disable to program that tries to set the date from the internet, and then you can set the date manually to the current date/time. Hope this helps.
can you not just edit the /etc/timezone file?