Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[NCIX] Zalman CNPS 14X P CPU Cooler - $14.99 w/ MIR + FS

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2015 11:32 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5248 posts
7739 upvotes
Burnaby, BC

[NCIX] Zalman CNPS 14X P CPU Cooler - $14.99 w/ MIR + FS

Deal Link:
Price:
$15
Looks like a good price for a cooler. Sounds like its a bit big and harder to install than a CM 212, but it is cooler and quieter. I don't see anything else for this price.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4421 posts
1887 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
[QUOTE]140mm Ultra Quite Fan CPU[/QUOTE]

Quite fans are quite amazing.
Banned
Mar 10, 2009
437 posts
135 upvotes
You have to remove the motherboard from the case to install this. It is completely impossible otherwise.

You also need to install a second or a third fan to get decent temps, at which point it won't be quiet anymore. Get something else. Spend a few extra dollars and grab a 212 when it's on sale.
Jul 27, 2009
375 posts
66 upvotes
Surrey
I have this heatsink on my i7 3770K. I get good temps with the one fan 35-50c while gaming.

You do have to take out your mother board for the install, but if you haven't cleaned out your PC in a long time, it might be worth it.

The heatsink is a lot bigger than the evo but I get better temps with this. Also you need a large case. I have an antec eleven hundred and it almost touches the side fans.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5248 posts
7739 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
poroporo wrote: You have to remove the motherboard from the case to install this. It is completely impossible otherwise.

You also need to install a second or a third fan to get decent temps, at which point it won't be quiet anymore. Get something else. Spend a few extra dollars and grab a 212 when it's on sale.
Is it possible to install the cm 212 without removing the motherboard?

Unrelated, do any universal mounts fit a corsair a70 onto an Intel 1155? I recently upgraded to a i7 2700k, but only have the AMD mounting bracket.
Sep 20, 2015
29 posts
15 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Nikhilvoid wrote: Is it possible to install the cm 212 without removing the motherboard?

Unrelated, do any universal mounts fit a corsair a70 onto an Intel 1155? I recently upgraded to a i7 2700k, but only have the AMD mounting bracket.
I don't think so. I did my i5 lga 1155 with Zalman heatsink too. It came with two different brackets or like spacer things. And on was for Intel and one was for amd.

I'm not 100 percent sure what the difference were. but there were different instruction pages for each company so I would assume there is a significant enough difference that you need the right pieces.

Probably u can just get the bracket off eBay or amazon from China though.

But I guess I don't really know about corsair. So maybe this isn't any help....
Jul 13, 2011
634 posts
375 upvotes
Ottawa
poroporo wrote: You have to remove the motherboard from the case to install this. It is completely impossible otherwise.

According to the TechPowerup test linked by LikeSpeed, noise and temperatures are all within a couple of dba and degrees. In the max load testing the Zalman beats the 212 with 1 fan for temps and noise above 20%.
Sep 20, 2009
21 posts
3 upvotes
I was shopping for a CPU cooler recently, and it came down to this and http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/roc ... 29275.aspx for both very similar prices.

Went with the Rocketfish (which is a rebranded Cooler Master Hyper TX3 ). Mostly because the Rocketfish had fairly good reviews, and most reviews for the Zalman pointed out issues with mounting and case space due to its ginormous size.

I'm satisfied with it, but I don't overclock my computer too much.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
20558 posts
9070 upvotes
Toronto
I saw this for $9.99 one time at NCIX
Jul 14, 2010
657 posts
243 upvotes
LikeSpeed wrote: Heres a bit more in-depth comparison between the this and the 212 Evo

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zalm ... 14X/6.html

little to no advantage, also factoring in that decent 140mm fans cost around the same as the heat sink itself. The 212 is clearly the winner
[IMG]http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Zalman/CNPS14 ... oc_max.gif[/IMG]

13C is a pretty big advantage.
Jul 15, 2008
364 posts
100 upvotes
rbl_posse wrote:
13C is a pretty big advantage.
Yea, I'm not sure I understand why LikeSpeed said 212 is the winner. Maybe at the time the article was written, it was, which the article was written 2 years ago when 212 was cheaper than the Zalman.

With the sale price right now, and the 212 costing 34.99 (at NCIX), I'd think Zalman is the better deal.
May 5, 2015
445 posts
424 upvotes
GVA
Sorry was late and I threw up the first review I found.

I read numerous reviews and forum posts comparing the CNPS14 and 212 when I was putting together my build in 2013. From what I remembered the 212 was only 1-2c different then the CNPS14 and occasionally out performed it like in this review
http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/case ... x_review/5

I had no idea the 212 was going for $35 now. I got it for $20
Jul 14, 2010
657 posts
243 upvotes
daniolip wrote: This result is weird. If you look on all other tables, EVO wins by a small margin.

I'm not defending it, i have one zalman cnps14x but i really don't see any big difference between them other the price.
I dunno, the review offers an explanation that seems possible: "The overclock test, however, is a bit more kind to the Zalman cooler, showing that it has a higher thermal saturation point as it manages to beat the Hyper 212 EVO soundly for the first time."
LikeSpeed wrote: Sorry was late and I threw up the first review I found.

I read numerous reviews and forum posts comparing the CNPS14 and 212 when I was putting together my build in 2013. From what I remembered the 212 was only 1-2c different then the CNPS14 and occasionally out performed it like in this review
http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/case ... x_review/5

I had no idea the 212 was going for $35 now. I got it for $20
I'm just skeptical that the Hyper 212 Evo can compete just based on its size. I haven't exactly tested them head to head myself, but I have used both and the CNPS14X is quite a bit bigger and has more heat pipes.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5248 posts
7739 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
rbl_posse wrote: I'm just skeptical that the Hyper 212 Evo can compete just based on its size. I haven't exactly tested them head to head myself, but I have used both and the CNPS14X is quite a bit bigger and has more heat pipes.
Yep, this heatsink is twice the size of the Evo. Makes sense that it would dissipate heat better.