• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2021 7:33 pm
[OP]
May 19, 2015
336 posts
309 upvotes

Nearing end of bumper to bumper warranty

Hello friends
I am nearing my bumper to bumper warranty on a car I own. What is the best way to go about having the vehicle inspected for any manufacturer defects so that they can be fixed while there is still warranty left? It is for a 2017 Acura MDX. Do I go to an Acura dealership (and get ripped off by them the cost of the inspection) or do I go to a 3rd party impartial mechanic to do an inspection?
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5563 posts
3068 upvotes
Toronto
Getting ripped off for an inspection from the acura or 3rd party inspection, dealership still need to agree that whatever is found is deemed defective. Slip both service advisor and the tech a 20 when you bring your car in next time for an oil change.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1809 posts
903 upvotes
Alberta
Just a waste of money. If nothing is wrong count your blessings and move on. If you never used your warranty for anything, that's a good thing, means you bought a reliable product. Sure beats dropping off your car at the dealer every few months to fix issues. If you drove for 3 years trouble free, good chance you got many years of trouble free driving ahead.