Tags:
Jul 24, 2018
369 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto

Need advice by bank workers

Hello everyone,

I need your help and advice.
I want to work at bank but don't know where will I start from. I am 26.
I have graduated from a business school but not in NA. I have over than 20 online certificates from Coursera.
What is your advices for me? Money is not important for now. Even can work for free to gain experience at bank.
Thanks.
8 replies
Banned
Mar 7, 2007
5347 posts
3026 upvotes
Keep applying. That's the only advice.

If money is not a pressing issue right now, you could probably try for a Customer Experience Associate, part time. If you like this job, great, and if you don't like it, then you could forget about it.

Requirements are (usually) - High School Diploma with 1 year of relevant experience... Undergraduate degree, or equivalent, is an asset...

This is an entry level job at the branch. Some say this kind of job sucks, but people who are smart and pay attention can make a career out of it...
1876 upvotes
SeyitA35523 wrote: Hello everyone,

I need your help and advice.
I want to work at bank but don't know where will I start from. I am 26.
I have graduated from a business school but not in NA. I have over than 20 online certificates from Coursera.
What is your advices for me? Money is not important for now. Even can work for free to gain experience at bank.
Thanks.
What kinda job do you want at a bank? What work experience do you have?
Jul 24, 2018
369 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
I don't have experience at bank so I do not have any idea what I want to be. but now wanna work in a bank not at home. I can use computer very well. Is there any position can use finance and computer together?
Sep 25, 2009
513 posts
400 upvotes
Call center is the easiest path to get your foot in the door.

Branch and operations are next. Operations are usually people that get promoted from the frontline but it is fairly low skilled.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
13006 posts
10009 upvotes
Edmonton
SeyitA35523 wrote: I don't have experience at bank so I do not have any idea what I want to be. but now wanna work in a bank not at home. I can use computer very well. Is there any position can use finance and computer together?
There's a ton of different positions at financial institutions, ranging from janitorial staff to President/CEO. You need to figure out what kind of career you want, and go from there. Without a degree or some form of recognized post-secondary education, it's going to be difficult to get past the low level positions though, I'd think. And for the big banks, I doubt Coursera classes will cut it.

C
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
11337 posts
5531 upvotes
Vaughan
Why do want working for banks?

Off topics:
30 years ago, I got rejected from certain big Canadian company after 1 round interview and 1 round of technical test. I went different route to come back. I spent 1 year of IT contract and 2 years of full time, eventually the company hired me but higher salary and signing bonus. There are places of greener grass. You don’t have to attach working for them. BTW, that company let me go and I ended working for big 5 banks.
Last edited by teoconca on Aug 10th, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2015
1261 posts
1416 upvotes
Toronto, ON
teoconca wrote: Why do want working for banks?
Exactly. If you are looking to join a bank for "stability", you won't get any stability from the low-level jobs (call centre, branch ops, etc) and even the corporate jobs aren't safe from layoffs.

The real question is why do you want to work for a bank specifically. Perhaps, it might be a culture thing as my parents were excited when I worked for the bank and didn't understand why I would leave the bank for another job.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
8454 posts
3627 upvotes
Go through agencies, like TalentNet, or FDM.

Offices in Toronto.

They do work placements according to your skills, education, and current vacancies.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)