Computers & Electronics

NEED ADVICE: eBox vs. Altimatel vs. VMedia (Montreal)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2018 2:01 pm
[OP]
Dec 23, 2006
688 posts
121 upvotes
Montreal

NEED ADVICE: eBox vs. Altimatel vs. VMedia (Montreal)

I am a long-time eBox Customer with 30/10 unlimited for $57+tax (cable). I've been noticing enticing offers from both VMedia & Altima Telecom for 60/10 unlimited (faster than I have) 1 year terms at $49.95 ($59.95 after 1 year). There are no installation or rental fees and I've confirmed that the modem I OWN is compatible.

I called eBox and best the could do to match was $60.95 for 60/10 unlimited. Here is the question: Is it worth the hassle of switching and running the risk of "inferior" service? I am looking for some feedback from some of you that may be current clients. Obviously on the phone they tried to scare me by saying at those prices these companies have cut corners somewhere and I will be throttled. I must say that so far, I am very happy with eBox... just don't like paying more for less...
Mar 6, 2013
608 posts
66 upvotes
Hi Ohlias, sorry I missed your post earlier, but I would be very happy to answer all your questions and address your concerns. I think a $10 a month saving is worth a discussion. IM me at your convenience and we can discuss.
Jul 10, 2013
80 posts
28 upvotes
MONTR
Nope, dont switch. I have Altima 60mb and never reach 60mb. Only get upto 50mb