• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2020 6:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3675 posts
967 upvotes

Need Advice for Game Console Purchase

Have not been in the know about game consoles for a very long time. What is the latest and greatest as far as game consoles go? Does it still depend on the games you want to play?
8 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20090 posts
5496 upvotes
Good Morning
Yeah, still tons of exclusives on both sides and will continue to be that way into next generation, which is coming later this year in late 2020.

Basically the best way to choose is what console your friends are on, and the genres of games and exclusives.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
2010 posts
1046 upvotes
GTA
coriolis wrote: Yeah, still tons of exclusives on both sides and will continue to be that way into next generation, which is coming later this year in late 2020.

Basically the best way to choose is what console your friends are on, and the genres of games and exclusives.
^ This depends on what friends and family use and new ones to drop at end of the year, making Xbone and PS4 EOL in 2020.
almasyseifer wrote: FF7 Remake PS4, you're welcome
FF7R also coming to PC:MR ... (with mods) you're welcome.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2245 posts
1295 upvotes
Calgary
heyyahblah wrote:
FF7R also coming to PC:MR ... (with mods) you're welcome.
Not for at least a year. It also hasn't been fully confirmed yet, though with most of the games since the original FF7 already on PC, the chance is pretty high.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1085 posts
2667 upvotes
heyyahblah wrote: FF7R also coming to PC:MR ... (with mods) you're welcome.
Nothing has been confirmed yet about any other releases so please don't come here and make these claims without citing your sources. I'm pretty informed on this game and although that would be amazing if the remake would also come to PC,
It’s been confirmed only that the game will come to PS4 first on a 1year timed exclusive release so it could come to other platforms in 2021 or not at all. "Could" being the important world here.
Also this is speculation but I feel like the game being episodic coming in multiple chapters further pushes away any notion of other platform releases since the team will already be working non stop on releasing the next chapters instead of working on other platform releases. I suspect that maybe once they're close to finishing all the chapters only then will they move on to other platforms.
I have spoken
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3675 posts
967 upvotes
And is PS4 the only one with VR games suitable for families?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9242 posts
3689 upvotes
Microsoft and Nintendo do not have VR (virtual reality) headsets or VR games at all.

Next gen consoles for Microsoft and Sony are arriving November 2020 (this year).

It might be possible that Sony releases a PSVR revision for PS5 in 2021, or Microsoft partners
with Oculus, HTC, or Valve for a VR experience for next-generation systems.
bowmah wrote: And is PS4 the only one with VR games suitable for families?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
2010 posts
1046 upvotes
GTA
Devhux wrote: Not for at least a year. It also hasn't been fully confirmed yet, though with most of the games since the original FF7 already on PC, the chance is pretty high.
Oh it will, it has too. Sony knows they don't want to lose numbers to other consoles & PC because of exclusives, especially when the new XBONE will tag up with PC users because its all Microsoft related. I mean they gave us RE2: Remake, RDR:2, and FFXV for PC, also Yakuza Kawami Redux 4K. A lot of those games are coming to PC. Even Nier: Automata came to PC, (even though Square didn't develop the PC port), they still published it under their name for PC because of demand and audience of the game. If Nier and FF15 made it ... There will be high demand for FF7R on the Asian market alone, not to mention the rest of the world. So it would be unwise to not port it to PC. Sony just likes to do these up to 1 year exclusive deals before game drops for you to consider their console instead. Have faith. I do. Winking Face