• Aug 23rd, 2020 6:45 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 30, 2009
212 posts
35 upvotes
ontario

Need advice on my lawn

Due to the hot weather and lack of rain, I'm pretty sure my grass is dead. I watered the lawn once a week due to the watering restrictions where I am, it still didn't help. I pulled all the weeds. I thought it may have drug problems so I applied grub b gone. It doesn't seem to work.

Should I leave it till next year to deal with it. Or should I remove all the dead spots and reseed soon. Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Images
  • IMG_0131.JPG
  • IMG_0130.JPG
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4916 posts
761 upvotes
Calgary
Are its teeth falling out? Probably crystal meth.
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.
Jun 20, 2015
203 posts
92 upvotes
qqq17 wrote: Due to the hot weather and lack of rain, I'm pretty sure my grass is dead. I watered the lawn once a week due to the watering restrictions where I am, it still didn't help. I pulled all the weeds. I thought it may have drug problems so I applied grub b gone. It doesn't seem to work.

Should I leave it till next year to deal with it. Or should I remove all the dead spots and reseed soon. Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Was your grass green from april to mid June, and then turn brown from late june to now? If so, it could be chinch bugs and grubs. You can check and pull up the dead grass and see if there are grubs (white worms) underneath.

As the weather is getting mild, u can reseed now with a thin layer of soil on top if u wish, instead of waiting till next spring.

You can try and buy nematodes this time from lowes or homedepot to get rid of the grubs.
[OP]
May 30, 2009
212 posts
35 upvotes
ontario
yes, my lawn was nice and green. I tried grub b gone but not sure if it works.

RFD11111 wrote: Was your grass green from april to mid June, and then turn brown from late june to now? If so, it could be chinch bugs and grubs. You can check and pull up the dead grass and see if there are grubs (white worms) underneath.

As the weather is getting mild, u can reseed now with a thin layer of soil on top if u wish, instead of waiting till next spring.

You can try and buy nematodes this time from lowes or homedepot to get rid of the grubs.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1352 posts
1119 upvotes
For grubs Scotts' GrubEx works great. Apply in May. If you see beetles in July then apply Grub Killer Plus (24 hour). Unfortunately those two products are only available south of the border (unless I'm mistaken). For cinch bugs apply Ortho's Bug B Gon, again only available south of the border unless I'm mistaken. Wait at least 3 weeks before applying a second chemicals.
The rising sun is like a beating heart.

Time will cease to exist when there won't be a soul left in the Universe.