Need advice regarding Builder Upgrades (Builder Price list included)
Upgrade price list: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9O_3O ... E1KT3V6UGs
Floor plan: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9O_3O ... WpkVGlhNk0
Builder's standard: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9O_3O ... Wg2WUVWQVk
Things that I have in my mind to upgrade are as under:
1. Oak Stairs ($4993) + level 2 Upgraded posts ($740) + Level 2 handrail ($574) + level 4 metal pickets ($3225) + Stain ($1600). I may consider wood level 2 pickets ($1079) as metal pickets are expensive
2. Security alarm rough in ($450)
3. Move vacuum rough in to garage ($269)
4. Vacuum dust pan ($278)
5. Vacuum rough in extra inlet in kitchen ($65)
6. Additional exterior standard coach light ($209). I'll need to add 2 (1 next to main entrance) and 1 at the end corner of porch.
7. Under cabinet lighting with switch ($850)
8. 5 Speaker surround sound rough rough in ($307/each). I'm not sure if *each is the pricing for each speaker connection. If that is the case, total should be $307x5 which is very costly. I may not consider it.
9. Cat6 wiring ($148 each). I am interested in having them to various exterior locations for video surveillance. What locations on exterior should I get Cat6 installed?
10. Conduit from basement to attic ($204)
11. Fireplace level 3 stone mantel ($2592)
12. Fireplace fan kit ($405)
13. Fireplace type 4 stone hearth ($595)
14. Fireplace 3 piece marble surround ($495)
15. Increase size of stove vent to 8” diameter ($366)
16. Gas line for exterior BBQ ($520)
17. Gas piping rough in capped line on 2nd floor laundry room along with electric outlet ($736)
18. Gas line at stove location including 120v outlet ($665)
19. Increase gas line size to 1” ($607)
20. Smooth celings throughout ($3700)
21. Safe n sound insulation ($2/sq.feet). Interested in getting it done only in ceilings between floors. I don’t need it between walls of rooms.
22. Add insulation on exterior wall in garage ($1700 each). Not sure how many walls is considered exterior wall based on my plan which may need insulation). I will confirm with the decor consultant.
23. Upgrade all main floor doors to 8 feet ($300 each)
24. Frameless shower door in 3 bathrooms ($1881 each)
25. Increase height of vanity to 36” ($ 416 )
26. Install slow close cabinets in kitchen ($1649 lump sum)
27. 3 piece plumbing rough in basement ($1300)
28. Plywood subfloors ($3795)
29. Upgrade an existing standard window to 30 x 24 ($450). I believe it is for basement. Rear windows in
the basement come in 48” x 24” size.
30. Water line for fridge ($247)
31. Install bench in shower ($790)
32. Install 200 amp service ($1100)
33. Install 3 way switch in foyer and stairs ( $157 each)
34. Water softener rough in ( $573)
35 exterior patio French double doors instead of sliding door ($1170)
36. Level 3 trim package ($6554) (Will my baseboard and casing get damaged during hardwood installation after closing? If so Should I avoid choosing trim upgrade?
37. Upgrade tiles depending on what we end up liking ($$$$). Builder charges $5/sqft to $25/sqft depending on the level of tiles). According to my rough calculation, tiled area on the main floor is about 480 sqft and on the 2nd floor it is 260 sqft which doesn’t include shower and tub walls or ceilings. I was interested in having tiles in the main floor hallway (Between foyer and kitchen) but the price to have it in lieu of carpet is ridiculous ($205/sqft).
38. Upgrade cabinets as per what we end up liking + Addition of bank of drawers +pot pans + deep pantry + Recycle/waste bins etc.($$$$$).
39. Should I get 1 pot light in each room that way it will be easy to have switch and wires in place for adding additional pot lights? (The cost through builder is $255 to $338 depending on the location)
40. 8" crown moulding: $14/linear sqft.
41. Valance under cabinet ($922 lump sum):
42. Paint valance($922 lump sum)
43. Paint crown moulding ($2100 lump sum). Anyway to reduce the price for valance/crown moulding? Should I try to obtain crown moulding and under cabinet valance from the cabinetmakers later?
44. Reinforce wall for TV installation in family room ($139)
45. Additional Electrical plugs (Outlets) where needed ($150 each)
Things that I am considering to upgrade after closing:
1. Hardwood floor
2. Countertops I’ll change from laminate to quartz or granite + undermount sink.
3. Pot lights
4. Light fixtures
6. Chimney style range hood
7. Back splash