• Jun 21st, 2016 10:33 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 12, 2009
850 posts
288 upvotes

Need advice on stamped concrete sealer

I'm looking to seal my stamped concrete driveway; my neighbourhood Form and build store carries this brand:

CIPADECK PAVER & CONCRETE SEALER SEALER (LS) GLOSS FINISH
Google search doesn't come up with anything definitive on this product. Has anyone here had experience with this sealer? In the video the guy doesn't even roll it, just sprays it on, which is a puzzle in itself as I assumed these types of sealers should be rolled right after for uniform, thin application.
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6289 posts
3354 upvotes
Mississauga
I've used WR Meadows Hiac Plus sealer, also purchased from Form and Build. You can apply it with a sprayer but you'll use a lot more of the product (and it ain't cheap). I normally apply it with a foam roller.
[OP]
Jun 12, 2009
850 posts
288 upvotes
Yes, I used WR Meadows Hiac Plus last time and I liked it - just as you did - but I was wondering if this product may be better.
Oct 14, 2007
205 posts
50 upvotes
Mississauga
I would recommend sticking with the same type used last time.
We have 2000 sq. ft. which we are now in the process of stripping - a long process.
Certain sealers aren't compatible and may result in blushing (peeling or flaking)
[OP]
Jun 12, 2009
850 posts
288 upvotes
Thanks shepkraft, will heed your advice.

Does anyone know where to buy WR Meadows Hiac Plus in Vaughan or Richmond Hill?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6289 posts
3354 upvotes
Mississauga
You said you had a "neighbourhood Form and Build" so they should carry Hiac Plus as well.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5822 posts
232 upvotes
GTA
mrweather wrote: I've used WR Meadows Hiac Plus sealer, also purchased from Form and Build. You can apply it with a sprayer but you'll use a lot more of the product (and it ain't cheap). I normally apply it with a foam roller.
I've been using WR meadows Hiac Plus for about 10 years now. Buy from Form & build and I only use their sprayer to apply it, never a roller as rollers could leave streaks. My driveway gets sealed every year and the walkway once every 3 yrs.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5822 posts
232 upvotes
GTA
FastFret wrote: Thanks shepkraft, will heed your advice.

Does anyone know where to buy WR Meadows Hiac Plus in Vaughan or Richmond Hill?
FORM and Build in Brampton (Torbram and Drew Rd) carries WR Meadows
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6289 posts
3354 upvotes
Mississauga
sunnybono wrote: I only use their sprayer to apply it, never a roller as rollers could leave streaks.
Didn't say using a sprayer was bad just that you'll end up going through more material.

I've been using a roller and have had no streaking issues.