Careers

NEED ADVICE?? Summer school + part time job?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2016 8:10 pm
[OP]
Jul 9, 2015
32 posts
1 upvote
East York, ON

NEED ADVICE?? Summer school + part time job?

Hacked
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2003
1480 posts
1420 upvotes
SASKABUSH
as a supervisor for students at our work place, we ALWAYS put school before work ..so I suggest you explain to your work place what is going on and hope that they too will cut you some slack .... if you have a decent workplace they will ALWAYS put your schooling first
Deal Addict
May 18, 2015
1627 posts
628 upvotes
Ottawa,Ont
oxsalaxo wrote: Ok I have to take grade 11 physics in summer school cuz I didn't take it in day school. ( iLL BE IN GRADE 12 this september) I'm going to take it in summer school, but on Thursdays I have to work from 4-8 and summer school ends at 3:30 and the school is kinda of far from where I work (so I might risk being late). AM I ABLE TO ASK MY TEACHER TO LEAVE CLASS 15min?? Like is summer school so packed that teachers teach legitimately until 3:30??? HELP

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND
there's a school that offers physics that's closer to where I work but it's 30 min away from where I live. I only work once a week so choosing this school will legit benefit me only on that day and the rest of the week It'll be pointless.

SO WHAT SHOULD I DO AND WHY??? Choose the school that's closer to work or choose the school that's closer to home(but i ask the teacher to leave early every Wednesday?)

I ONLY WORK ONCE A WEEK
Just ask your parents to write you a note excusing you to leave early on Thursdays
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2011
2715 posts
967 upvotes
Yellowknife
oxsalaxo wrote: Ok I have to take grade 11 physics in summer school cuz I didn't take it in day school. ( iLL BE IN GRADE 12 this september) I'm going to take it in summer school, but on Thursdays I have to work from 4-8 and summer school ends at 3:30 and the school is kinda of far from where I work (so I might risk being late). AM I ABLE TO ASK MY TEACHER TO LEAVE CLASS 15min?? Like is summer school so packed that teachers teach legitimately until 3:30??? HELP

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND
there's a school that offers physics that's closer to where I work but it's 30 min away from where I live. I only work once a week so choosing this school will legit benefit me only on that day and the rest of the week It'll be pointless.

SO WHAT SHOULD I DO AND WHY??? Choose the school that's closer to work or choose the school that's closer to home(but i ask the teacher to leave early every Wednesday?)

I ONLY WORK ONCE A WEEK
You only work once per week, so for July, while in school, can you change your work day to a non Thursday work day?
No, don't ask the teacher to leave early. Make the teacher your ally in this course, not adversary.
Also, could you take this physics course in the summer after grade 12, assuming it's not a prerequisite for any of your grade 12 course?

BTW, would be nice if you got more work hours in August, after school is over.
[OP]
Jul 9, 2015
32 posts
1 upvote
East York, ON
The course is a prerequisite! And i cant change my work scheduele because the business is only open during certain times