• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2020 1:59 pm
[OP]
Apr 28, 2014
22 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria, BC

Need another line, not sure where to start

I'm hoping to get some advice on how to maximize savings over three lines. I currently have two lines with Koodo, both with craptastic 2 GB for $45 plans. I'll need a third line by the end of the month.

I'm hoping to end up with three lines with around 5 GB of data (or one with 2 GB), and one line with US minutes, the more the better. I have no carrier preference, though I want LTE speeds. Bonus if the carrier will carry the Pixel 4a.

Any advice??
2 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1010 posts
1659 upvotes
Alberta
In Victoria? Freedom has coverage there, check your specific location(s) with other Victoria users on the Freedom subreddit.

Right now you can get 5GB for $40 on Freedom (2GB +3 bonus), keep using data at reduced speeds beyond quota.
You can try them out for your 3rd line, 15-day no-risk trial. Device choice can make a difference in the experience.
They will carry the Pixel 4a. Device subsidies tend to be generous on Freedom (brand new devices not so much).
Unlimited US long distance for $5/mo. You get VoLTE, WiFi calling, RCS and eSIM on Freedom
https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/plans
[OP]
Apr 28, 2014
22 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria, BC
pjw918 wrote: In Victoria? Freedom has coverage there, check your specific location(s) with other Victoria users on the Freedom subreddit.

Right now you can get 5GB for $40 on Freedom (2GB +3 bonus), keep using data at reduced speeds beyond quota.
You can try them out for your 3rd line, 15-day no-risk trial. Device choice can make a difference in the experience.
They will carry the Pixel 4a. Device subsidies tend to be generous on Freedom (brand new devices not so much).
Unlimited US long distance for $5/mo. You get VoLTE, WiFi calling, RCS and eSIM on Freedom
https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/plans

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think this might be the best option for us. I like that I can try Freedom for 2 weeks; I didn't know that was available and might be the selling point as the 3rd line will be using the device I currently have. Cheers!