Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Need big big help import from China to Canada.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2021 9:53 pm
Nov 14, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote

Need big big help import from China to Canada.

Hi everyone,

I really need your help and recomandations.

I am a newbie want to purchase abroad from China to

Canada Otario Markham.

I am concerning about taxes and duties and shipping method.

Also how can I trust seller and take less risk?

I was talking to Alibaba seller.

My item is a plastic product food container about total

100kg. Dimension item itself will be 4.5*6*3.

Could someone recomend me a shipping mehtods

and how to calculate taxes and duties?

Have a fantastic day!!!

Best regards
Jay
17 replies
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto
go to a freight forwarder
Feb 7, 2018
24 posts
5 upvotes
Get them to put tracking on the shipment.

I've only had 1 shipment from China get lost. The one time I did not put tracking on my order.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
DHL. Pay duties to DHL driver on arrival.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9473 posts
2650 upvotes
Duties and taxes can easily crush any profit. Doesn't Canada have some sort of trade deal with China? You could try getting more information from the Canada Border website, perhaps you could find something there? Don't expect too much help from the government as they'd rather you export something to China but sadly, the Chinese are too smart to import anything from us.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
If you pay seller first you take risk & if they take payment later they take risk. They won't ship without payment so you take risk.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1343 posts
575 upvotes
MARKHAM
Just tell the seller to lower the value on the PI to save on the taxes and duties.
Use FEDEX or DHL. if the package is express, most of the time nearly 99% of the time it won't get lost.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
purebluejapan wrote: Just tell the seller to lower the value on the PI to save on the taxes and duties.
Use FEDEX or DHL. if the package is express, most of the time nearly 99% of the time it won't get lost.
Not a good idea to either counsel people to commit fraud or commit it yourself, nor is it worth the money you save to risk getting caught.
Dec 13, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
Hey, if this helps

i just received 8 boxes this Monday December 10th and 3 boxes on December 13th and 14th respectively .

We used a third Party Shipping Service call shipvista.com. You can call them directly at (905) 346-8044.

They offer us a FedEx international priority service for like 75% off the rates and it takes 36h to 48h to arrived

i will say you should check out Shipvista
Feb 7, 2018
38 posts
48 upvotes
I get my shipment twice a month. I pay about $600 in shipping but it depend upon products and weight. It's about 60kg. If you have brokerage account that would be best. I have tried all companies and found dhl is the best. I get my shipment in 3 days
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
Frankie3s wrote: Duties and taxes can easily crush any profit. Doesn't Canada have some sort of trade deal with China? You could try getting more information from the Canada Border website, perhaps you could find something there? Don't expect too much help from the government as they'd rather you export something to China but sadly, the Chinese are too smart to import anything from us.
Nothing like the govt always wanting their cut then they are shocked why people complain they cant afford anything.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
Kpatrick8081 wrote: I get my shipment twice a month. I pay about $600 in shipping but it depend upon products and weight. It's about 60kg. If you have brokerage account that would be best. I have tried all companies and found dhl is the best. I get my shipment in 3 days
I agree that DHL is probably one of the best overseas shipping companies, for packages by air anyway.
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
2 posts
1 upvote
Ask for a DDP price - there are freight forwarders on Alibaba that can quote you per kg and get you the goods with duties paid.

We did that for our Amazon FBA business.

You can also check Flexport!
Mar 15, 2009
95 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
pineapplekid wrote: Ask for a DDP price - there are freight forwarders on Alibaba that can quote you per kg and get you the goods with duties paid.

We did that for our Amazon FBA business.

You can also check Flexport!
Do you have names of any of the companies you used on Alibaba?
I am trying to setup my own Amazon FBA business and using that site can be confusing to say the least.

Thank you in advance for sharing any info you can.