• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2019 6:51 am
[OP]
Feb 3, 2013
241 posts
27 upvotes
NORTH YORK

In need of desperate help for PS4 HDMI port repair, please help

So I've been searching around looking for a trust worthy place to get my ps4 repaired but all the reviews on google & yelp seem to mention same problem...

that is customers taking in their electronic devices only to come back with problem that they didn't have before, without any offer of solution

Can anybody please recommend any PS4 repair place that wouldn't cause me any headaches???

I will most likely just go with Sony at this rate but I would really prefer independent/local PS4 repair shop because it would be much faster
11 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25502 posts
5722 upvotes
You can take it to MTC in Whitby...they are Sony authorised but they aren't cheap for an HDMI port because they do flat-rate repairs (which means if you have an expensive repair you benefit, if it's a cheaper repair, not so much). Looks like $100 for PS4 repairs there...

http://www.mtcservice.com/consumer-repa ... n-systems/

Because they are Sony authorised you have to have a valid/intact serial# on your machine and you have to call Sony first to set it up I think (details are in the link).
[OP]
Feb 3, 2013
241 posts
27 upvotes
NORTH YORK
ES_Revenge wrote: You can take it to MTC in Whitby...they are Sony authorised but they aren't cheap for an HDMI port because they do flat-rate repairs (which means if you have an expensive repair you benefit, if it's a cheaper repair, not so much). Looks like $100 for PS4 repairs there...

Because they are Sony authorised you have to have a valid/intact serial# on your machine and you have to call Sony first to set it up I think (details are in the link).
sounds like best option available for me, other than the potentially longer repair time

other places charge about the same anyways
[OP]
Feb 3, 2013
241 posts
27 upvotes
NORTH YORK
ES_Revenge wrote: You can take it to MTC in Whitby...they are Sony authorised but they aren't cheap for an HDMI port because they do flat-rate repairs (which means if you have an expensive repair you benefit, if it's a cheaper repair, not so much). Looks like $100 for PS4 repairs there...

sorry one more question please before I order the service..

I was told that the HDMI port that comes built into the regular PS4 is by far the lowest quality possible.

Does the MTC use same parts as Sony would have? or could they potentially make it more durable by using their own parts?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25502 posts
5722 upvotes
jkim89 wrote: sorry one more question please before I order the service..

I was told that the HDMI port that comes built into the regular PS4 is by far the lowest quality possible.

Does the MTC use same parts as Sony would have? or could they potentially make it more durable by using their own parts?
Yeah they will use Sony OEM parts, 100%. It's possible the HDMI port has been revised but perhaps not. Best advice is just to plug it in once, and don't move the PS4 around after that. If you have to unplug/move it, just be careful with it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8316 posts
1288 upvotes
There's a good chance that MTC might just swap out the board for another. If this is not what you want, make sure to ask if they will actually repair the port or swap it out?
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
[OP]
Feb 3, 2013
241 posts
27 upvotes
NORTH YORK
After thinking about it a bit more.. I decided to go with irepairtoronto

It's a home based business but
-the reviews are pretty good (one man business)
-most importantly the website claims that it LL use more durable HDMI ports so that I won't have to deal with this ever again ideally
-3 months warranty and same day service
- only for 10 Dollars more than MTC ($125)

It's an one man business so I assume that the guy would care much more than repair stores or factories like MTC

If anybody has any experience with irepairtoronto.com (not Irepair.ca) or if anybody would advise me against the idea, please let me know. I plan to go tomorrow
[OP]
Feb 3, 2013
241 posts
27 upvotes
NORTH YORK
The guy went on a bit of plumber mode and charged me 165 but overall happy
Feels as if brand new!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9119 posts
1799 upvotes
Winnipeg
whats the hdmi fault. the connection to the board the solder breaks or is it the port itself?
[OP]
Feb 3, 2013
241 posts
27 upvotes
NORTH YORK
It was the port itself from my understanding

And the guy tried to replace the chip for me but ended up only replacing buffers because I was absolutely certain there was nothing wrong with the chip
Pretty certain there was nothing wrong with buffers too but it was only 40 bucks difference so I was like w.e
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25502 posts
5722 upvotes
jkim89 wrote: The guy went on a bit of plumber mode and charged me 165 but overall happy
Feels as if brand new!
Sounds pricey. If it were me, I would have just bought a used one off kijiji at that point instead. But, you're happy, so that's what counts.
Jan 10, 2009
927 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
I've used http://www.jogimods.com in the past with great success. He's repaired a Blu Ray drive on my PS3, done some fixes on an Xbox one and an iPhone. They list a PS4 HDMI repair as $79.99. $99.99 for the PS4 Pro.