Need feedback on DWV plumbing rough-in layout

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2022 2:40 pm
[OP]
Mar 20, 2018
54 posts
10 upvotes

Need feedback on DWV plumbing rough-in layout

Fellow RFD, plumbers and code experts, I need some feed back on the DWV rough-in layout i have made for my basement bathroom. specifically whether it meets the Ontario code or not.
A couple of concerns i have:
  1. The clean outs are facing sideways in the wall and will be covered in the drywall. I have seen several videos/posts doing that in Ontario, but I still wonder if this will cause any issues with the inspection.
  2. At the vertical to horizontal connection of the bar sink stack, i have used a long sweep 90. Will this be ok or shall i use two 45s. I would prefer the 90 because it takes smaller vertical space.
  3. I have used 1.5" pipe for vents. I keep seeing that 2" is needed for toilet, but everything i find on Ontario code suggests that 1.5" will be ok.

Colors represents sizes:
Magenta: 3", Yellow: 2", Green: 1.5"

Few More Snapshots

Thanks
1 reply
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2009
5419 posts
3695 upvotes
PrimeTimeAction wrote: The clean outs are facing sideways in the wall and will be covered in the drywall. I have seen several videos/posts doing that in Ontario, but I still wonder if this will cause any issues with the inspection.
The Ontario Building Code | Location of Cleanouts

7.4.7.4. Location of Cleanouts

(1) Cleanouts and access covers shall be located so that the openings are readily accessible for drain cleaning purposes.