• Jun 8th, 2016 9:15 am
[OP]
Mar 14, 2010
564 posts
13 upvotes
Ontario

Need help about getting scammed and Moneris refusing to help

Hi everybody,

I don't want get into many details and make everything long, We were scammed $1000 with stolen Credit cards and Moneris refuses to help. We have a Police report & Security video of the scum using the cards with PIN Numbers.

Nobody is willing to help, The insurance company won't, Bank won't and Moneris refuses as they hacked our Machine. (Professional criminals) to my educated guess.

I was hoping some members that have had this terrible thing happen could lend some advice, my only real option is legal action towards Moneris. I'm just not sure what type of lawyer I contact.

I'm just disgusted with everyone that we keep paying monthly and everybody jumps ship when something happens. It's become the principal now with everything.

any advice please.
4 replies
Nov 24, 2007
489 posts
63 upvotes
You're post isn't very clear. Did the criminals pay you with a stolen card using CHIP + PIN and you're receiving a chargeback for stolen card. In this case, you should be covered. You mention your machine being hacked which is a completely different scenario.
[OP]
Mar 14, 2010
564 posts
13 upvotes
Ontario
Hi, Yes they used stolen credit cards and used pin numbers. We are being told they won't help because the scum used the debit as if we manual typed. everything. There's video showing different cards being inserted.

An average person doesn't know anything like that, (Professional criminals)

If the legal advice doesn't help... I'm going public with everything, we will be making a promoted Kijji topic with the screen shots and pictures of items they stole and explaining how Moneris doesn't help there customers. Plus will do the same of Twitter.
Nov 24, 2007
489 posts
63 upvotes
SoundMan wrote: Hi, Yes they used stolen credit cards and used pin numbers. We are being told they won't help because the scum used the debit as if we manual typed everything.
Did you receive a chargeback notice to respond to? If so, what is the chargeback code. This situation doesn't make sense to me. Take a look at the credit card terminal receipt for the transaction. What is the card type? What is the entry method? Is there a signature line at the bottom or a line about a verified pin being entered?
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1873 posts
1182 upvotes
RJones89 wrote: Did you receive a chargeback notice to respond to? If so, what is the chargeback code. This situation doesn't make sense to me. Take a look at the credit card terminal receipt for the transaction. What is the card type? What is the entry method? Is there a signature line at the bottom or a line about a verified pin being entered?
It seems OP is saying that the person put in different cards and got access to the administrator manual debit card entry. It would take over 30 seconds for someone to do that, so obviously no one was looking at them use the machine when they paid.

OP you should make sure your tellers or whoever deals with cash watches the person put in the PIN. It should be essential as these criminals must have scouted you for a week or so, before they came in and scammed you.