PC & Video Games

Need help with controller

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2022 1:34 pm
Jul 6, 2022
1 posts

Need help with controller

Attached are two images of my sons Xbox controller. We’ve been searching for a rechargeable battery pack that will fit: we’ve ordered two and neither fit. Is there a rechargeable battery pack that will fit this controller?
Images
  • B6C78226-CB83-4D8F-922C-2E3C8085F80A.jpeg
  • 51CE8FCC-3E46-4E45-BE93-269F4EE30358.jpeg
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8666 upvotes
GTA
Klee2010 wrote: Attached are two images of my sons Xbox controller. We’ve been searching for a rechargeable battery pack that will fit: we’ve ordered two and neither fit. Is there a rechargeable battery pack that will fit this controller?
I'm not an Xbox user, but did you purchase an Official Xbox Rechargeable Battery pack? I think this should work:

Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C® Cable https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08DFB4889/

Which ones did you purchase that didn't fit? Cheap Amazon no-name ones?

You are probably aware, but you could also purchase some cheap IKEA LADDA rechargeable batteries. I think they are the best bang for your buck rechargeables and I put them in all my devices.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/ladda-rech ... DQQAvD_BwE
c'mon get happy!
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
12038 posts
5146 upvotes
Any rechargeable AA batteries would work, you don't need to get a battery pack.
The rechargeable pack @BernardRyder mentioned is the official Microsoft one, but there are much cheaper options out there. I have been using the same Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable AAs since the Xbox 360 days now on the Series X controller
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2249 posts
1274 upvotes
I’ve had the rechargeable kits from Xbox 360 controllers and they didn’t seem to last long for me. The charge worked well for the first few months and then slowly lost the ability to hold a charge. Could still use the charging cable into the controller and connect the usb to the console to still play. Although I’m with @CFRTim and would highly suggest using actually AA rechargeable batteries instead. I too like the Eneloop batteries and I actually had some good Panasonic rechargeable ones from Dollarama. Been using them for 4+ years now and wouldn’t have it any other way.
[external link removed]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2006
5352 posts
2459 upvotes
Agreed on the rechargable AA batteries route. Choose any brand you prefer. I'm still using first generation Sanyo Eneloop AAs from 2005. Panasonic released the fourth generation Eneloops in 2013.

There's also the Ikea Ladda AA rechargable batteries. These come in 2450mAh (rebranded Eneloop Pro second generation; Pro version has higher capacity but has much lower recharge cycles available) and 1900mAh (rebranded Eneloop fourth generation) capacities.

Rechargable batteries with any charger of choice will cost less than the Xbox Rechargeable Battery Pack.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
Klee2010 wrote: Attached are two images of my sons Xbox controller. We’ve been searching for a rechargeable battery pack that will fit: we’ve ordered two and neither fit. Is there a rechargeable battery pack that will fit this controller?
This is an Xbox Series S/X controller... Which battery packs did you buy? It's possible that you bought an Xbox One controller pack, and IIRC the back plate design is different from the Series S/X controller which is why it doesn't fit.

Make sure you buy one for the XBox Series S/X, not XBox One or Xbox 360.

That said, as everyone else is saying, just buy a bunch of rechargeable batteries. Way more versatile...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1