Need help figuring out what's the best deal for leasing the civic

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2017 6:58 pm
[OP]
Oct 2, 2016
4 posts

Need help figuring out what's the best deal for leasing the civic

Hi guys,

This is my first time leasing a car, and I need some help!

My family really wanted me to get a civic, and we were pretty much decided on leasing a civic sedan. I've gotten some quotes for the 2018 Civic Sedan LX since all the 2017s have been sold out. I was negotiating with some dealers and 2 of them gave this:

one of them gave me invoice + $300, and the other said $19730 (before taxes and fees).

On the other hand, another dealer told me that they had a 2017 Honda Civic Coupe Touring available, and he would lease that for $350 tax included, 0.001% for 48 months.

I know that it's hard to compare since it's literally comparing the basic compared to one of the highest trims, and different model (sedan vs. coupe), but which one do you guys think is the "best deal"?

Thanks in advance!
1 reply
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2014
1168 posts
587 upvotes
From the Unhaggle thread:

2018 Honda Civic Sedan LX CVT

Base MSRP: $20,890
Invoice Price: $19,532

So the first is offering $19,832 and second dealer is offering $19,730. Go with the dealer whose price is less and doesn't include any of those bogus fees. Just freight, pdi, mandatory fees, and licensing.

If you feel that a Coupe suits your needs and budget then sure go for it, but don't base your decision from monthly payments, get the total amount such as above and go from there.