• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2018 7:41 am
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
1410 posts
128 upvotes

Need Help with Google Home with KASA and Sengled

Hi There

I just got my starter 4 pack Sengled kit, set it up no problem. But I'm trying to have voice control over all the lights on our main floor

Prior to getting the kit, we had a TP link Smart switch to control the kitchen lights (since it's florescent ) and 2 smart plugs that we used in our living rooms for lamps (since we don't have lights in build into those rooms)

I had Kasa linked to our google home, no issues. Was able to say "Ok Google, turn of the lights"

I've no setup the Sengled, adding the blubs to our hall lights, other lamps etc.

But now when I say "Hey Google, turn off the lights, only the TP links turn off"

I can through the Google Home app use the turn off all lights button and everything turns off. I've tried "Hey Google, turn off all lights" with the same result.

If I unlink my KASA account, saying "Hey Google, turn of the lights" will turn off the Sengled bulbs.

Is there anyone to get to "Hey Google, turn off the lights" to shut down KASA and Sengled ?

Thanks Winky
2 replies
Aug 2, 2010
5 posts
markham
I have the same setup with Kasa, sengled and Google home. One thing to note about Google home is the wording. If you, Google turn on the light, it'll turn on the light assigned to same room as the Google home receiving the command. If you say, Google turn on all lights, it'll turn on all lights. You can do same thing by specifying a room name when commanding it.

Have you labelled all your lights and assigned them to room in sengled and in Google home?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1785 upvotes
Montreal
Yes, I usually say "Turn on the den lights" or "Turn off the living room lights".
Phils