• Aug 23rd, 2019 12:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3211 posts
1591 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Need Help: How to play BT Audio from Phone through Nissan Rogue Audio

So I got my mom's car for 1 week, and today is day one. Just to let you guys know a little about me, I love music and I can not drive without listening to music. Yes, there is radio but not a fan of what plays on there at any given time. My mom drives a 2017 Nissan Rogue, and she does not have Android Auto or Apple Car Play. There is an AUX cable but since I use a OnePlus phone I don't have a headphone jack nor the adapter. So with all those details said, does anyone know how to play BT Audio through my phone to the Nissan audio system. My daily driver is a C300 and I got BT audio controls on the main screen.

If anyone can advise on how to do this, would be a life savor for me. The last thing the passengers would want, is for me to sing while I drive.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
16 replies
Jul 29, 2019
47 posts
107 upvotes
If the link above is not applicable to your car then it's safe to say that the Nissan you drive does not have the BT connection to media. I also drive a Nissan (but it's a 2014 car) and the BT only connects to my phone book.
I also use a OnePlus phone so I got a type C to aux adapter.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3211 posts
1591 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mmoojojojo wrote: If the link above is not applicable to your car then it's safe to say that the Nissan you drive does not have the BT connection to media. I also drive a Nissan (but it's a 2014 car) and the BT only connects to my phone book.
I also use a OnePlus phone so I got a type C to aux adapter.
Yea after a lot of contemplating I also came to that conclusion. Sucks on Nissan for not including a nice feature.

I use Spotify and BT Audio to listen. It's going to be one week of hell for me!
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3211 posts
1591 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AlicW93740 wrote: You can buy this and plug it into the aux in: https://www.amazon.ca/Mpow-Bluetooth-Co ... 2H200FCHF2

OnePlus doesn't come with usb c to audio adapter? Shame on them.

Also shame on Nissan for not having music over BT in 2017 (if indeed you can't)
Yea not wasting $25+ on a device which I'll end up not using after 1 week. But thanks for the suggestion.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2564 posts
2440 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
AlicW93740 wrote: Also shame on Nissan for not having music over BT in 2017 (if indeed you can't)
Wow. I did not know a manufacturer didn't support bluetooth audio on a modern car. Apologies OP.

It's bad enough to not support CarPlay/AA.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3211 posts
1591 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ecsta wrote: Wow. I did not know a manufacturer didn't support bluetooth audio on a modern car. Apologies OP.

It's bad enough to not support CarPlay/AA.
No worries, and doesn't affect me in the long run as I will be only using this car for 1 week.

My mom, OTH, is pretty old school as she buy's CD's still lol But the genre of music is totally different between me and her, so I can not listen to the CD's.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
2188 posts
829 upvotes
Hometown
You had the answer in your last post.... Since you can't listen to her CD's knowing this was coming you should have been prepared and burned your own CD's to listen to this week. LOL....

My problem is the exact opposite trying to find a decent mid 20 teens vehicle that DOES not have any of this bluetooth, connection this or that nonsense. As I am NOT interested in using my phone while the car is moving for anything thing EVER. Just something else to go wrong with no upside for me at all.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3211 posts
1591 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Canuck2fan wrote: You had the answer in your last post.... Since you can't listen to her CD's knowing this was coming you should have been prepared and burned your own CD's to listen to this week. LOL....

My problem is the exact opposite trying to find a decent mid 20 teens vehicle that DOES not have any of this bluetooth, connection this or that nonsense. As I am NOT interested in using my phone while the car is moving for anything thing EVER. Just something else to go wrong with no upside for me at all.
Really copy CD's? Man it feels like I'm going back to the ice age! But I did find an alternative which I am using at the moment!

I've copied all the music I want onto a USB thumb drive and put that in the car. Problem solved! Mod's please close thread.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5819 posts
2946 upvotes
Mississauga
Even my wife’s 2016 Jeep Wrangler has BT audio connectivity. Boo on Nissan.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
2928 posts
1607 upvotes
Pothole city
My wife 2019 Rogue SV has CarPlay and can play audio from BT (Spotify).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3211 posts
1591 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the help guys. I've actually figured out how to play BT Audio! You have to press the AUX button on the infotainment system to toggle between various audio inputs.

Why does Nissan have to be so sophisticated.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
2928 posts
1607 upvotes
Pothole city
lamboman wrote: Thanks for the help guys. I've actually figured out how to play BT Audio! You have to press the AUX button on the infotainment system to toggle between various audio inputs.

Why does Nissan have to be so sophisticated.
My VW is setup the same way... Media can be: CD, USB/SD card, BT audio. Pressing media again toggles between each input.
Last edited by typer100 on Aug 23rd, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.