Need help identifying carbon monoxide detector

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2019 10:35 am
[OP]
Jan 24, 2018
80 posts
46 upvotes

Need help identifying carbon monoxide detector

Need help identifying carbon monoxide detector and how to remove it. It chirps once every few weeks for no reason. I have a Nest protect right beside it which indicates everything is ok. It appears to be hardwired so it can’t be the battery. Anyhow, it looks old and I would like to replace it with a new one but I can’t figure out how to remove it without any kind of instructions. Thanks in advance!
Images
  • image.jpg
3 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
10063 posts
5325 upvotes
Paris
ggster wrote: Need help identifying carbon monoxide detector and how to remove it. It chirps once every few weeks for no reason. I have a Nest protect right beside it which indicates everything is ok. It appears to be hardwired so it can’t be the battery. Anyhow, it looks old and I would like to replace it with a new one but I can’t figure out how to remove it without any kind of instructions. Thanks in advance!
It’s beeping for end of life. Twist it off like a bottle cap, or the other direction.
[OP]
Jan 24, 2018
80 posts
46 upvotes
Actually I tried that, but don’t seem to move at all.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4665 posts
4718 upvotes
Vancouver
ggster wrote: Actually I tried that, but don’t seem to move at all.
It's always annoying when you don't know how much force to use, isn't it? But you know that it's meant to come off somehow, so either you have to twist it (counterclockwise most likely), or slide it - and the slide would have to be up or to the side because they wouldn't have left it rotated downward. You might also have to push in on it or pull out on it with a bit of force to get past a notch or to break free a frozen mount. Just try the most likely options, escalating the force until it breaks free.