Need Help with Plans/ Pricing for iPhone

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2021 8:03 am
[OP]
Jun 21, 2019
31 posts
9 upvotes

Need Help with Plans/ Pricing for iPhone

I'm currently overseas in Australia so I don't have access to instore deals/pricing that I normally would have. Anyways with that out of the way I'm trying to figure out the best way for my mother to get an new phone, preference for iPhone as her current LG G5 is on its last legs.

Her current plan in Alberta is the old Public mobile 90 day $120 for 12gb data plan which works well for her as she is paying about $30/month average after discounts, referral bonus and loyalty credits. I got her the G5 back in May 2017 through a wow mobile booth and closed the koodo account, paid that off.

Anyways what I'm looking for is suggestions out how to minimize the total costs for the phone/plan over a 2 year period for the best value for money. She is not a heavy user (just checked and her total usage currently is 1.5gb with 10 days left) but needs a new phone as the LG isnt allowing simple things to be done and the camera is broken on it.

I do know apples press conference is coming up and traditionally; at least when I worked in cellphone retail, September long weekend was the best for deals but any tips or suggestions would be great.

Thanks guys
1 reply
[OP]
Jun 21, 2019
31 posts
9 upvotes
Keep seeing mention of some sort of friends and family discount from freedom. Anyone got any insight on what this is or how to get it for her if she decides to get freedom?