• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2021 10:32 pm
[OP]
Mar 1, 2010
867 posts
221 upvotes

need help: regarding paying off debit to CRA

Hi all;

I received an email from CRA around one month before and asked me to pay off OSTC since OSCT sent me credits money but at that time I have already moved out Ontario.

It is quite fair and I paid in full by Pre-authorized debit agreement (PDA) and yesterday I received an email from CRA, I check the mail box and I found CRA received my money.

But I found in the file, It lists the exactly credits and debits, I am confused now, I suppose the debits and the credits should be cancelled out, and both should be 0, I don't know whether my payment has been transferred into OSCT. anyone can explain to me?

I have very bad experience with the CRA telephone services, it will take couple hours to get someone to pick up my phone call and I really don't want to call CRA.

Thanks for anyone who can let me know whether or not I have successfully paid off my debits?
Images
  • pay off debet.JPG
4 replies
Apr 16, 2015
472 posts
681 upvotes
It looks pretty clear to me. They received your payment and transferred it to cover the OSTC overpayment. I don't think you need to do anything else. But, do hold onto the letters and a copy of your payment info just in case there are any further issues (which is unlikely). If you need further reassurance, you could check your MyCRA account online just to make sure it no longer shows any amount owing.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
5113 posts
5231 upvotes
Vancouver
Looks ok, but keep checking. The CRA is extremely slow in processing these days, and if anything turn out to be wrong when a belated update finally gets posted months later, they will hit you with penalties and interest all the same.
[OP]
Mar 1, 2010
867 posts
221 upvotes
catsoncoffee wrote: It looks pretty clear to me. They received your payment and transferred it to cover the OSTC overpayment. I don't think you need to do anything else. But, do hold onto the letters and a copy of your payment info just in case there are any further issues (which is unlikely). If you need further reassurance, you could check your MyCRA account online just to make sure it no longer shows any amount owing.
Thank you very much!
[OP]
Mar 1, 2010
867 posts
221 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: Looks ok, but keep checking. The CRA is extremely slow in processing these days, and if anything turn out to be wrong when a belated update finally gets posted months later, they will hit you with penalties and interest all the same.
Thank you very much!