• Sep 8th, 2018 1:18 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1316 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto

need help with Spain traveling

So, I am planning my Spain trip and need some advice or help.

Nov 19 arrive at Madrid in the morning and taking an afternoon flight to Granada
Nov 20 Granada and going in the evening to Cordoba (Train) or Should I go to Seville directly?
Nov 21 Cordoba to Seville (evening train)
Nov 22 Seville
Nov 23 Seville to Madrid (Train)
Nov 24 Madrid
Nov 25 day trip Toledo
Nov 26 Madrid and back to Toronto

Is it too cramp?
8 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
32605 posts
6892 upvotes
Ottawa
Wow, that is a lot of time on the road. Are you planing to see anything LOL.
7 Days. Pick 2 and see them.
Life is short......Make sure you spend as much time as possible on the internet arguing with strangers about politics :). Anonymous
Jan 4, 2007
331 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver
Looks more like you're just passing through each location!
What are you plans at each city?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1587 posts
274 upvotes
imo, take Cordoba out. So only Granada > Seville > Madrid would be less hectic. Cordoba is nice, but not nice enough to make a stop in such short amount of time.
I don't think it's that cramped, since the transit is only +/- 3 hours train in between these places, it would just take up a morning or a late afternoon/evening.

protip: when you book AVE high speed train between Seville and Madrid on Renfe, after searching and looking at the individual train, click "Más detalle" for more details, and see what meals is included in Preferente (first class) seating. Some morning and early evening trains have hot breakfast / dinner meals, while afternoon trains are just snacks (light sandwiches). Price between Turista (economy) and Preferente can be as little as 10 Euro, which makes it cheaper than buying your own meal and drinks (cava!). And of course, the seat is more comfortable.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1316 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
manho wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 1:43 pm
imo, take Cordoba out. So only Granada > Seville > Madrid would be less hectic. Cordoba is nice, but not nice enough to make a stop in such short amount of time.
I don't think it's that cramped, since the transit is only +/- 3 hours train in between these places, it would just take up a morning or a late afternoon/evening.

protip: when you book AVE high speed train between Seville and Madrid on Renfe, after searching and looking at the individual train, click "Más detalle" for more details, and see what meals is included in Preferente (first class) seating. Some morning and early evening trains have hot breakfast / dinner meals, while afternoon trains are just snacks (light sandwiches). Price between Turista (economy) and Preferente can be as little as 10 Euro, which makes it cheaper than buying your own meal and drinks (cava!). And of course, the seat is more comfortable.
Thanks a lot.
I am planning to go Cordoba because it's kind of on the way to Seville/Madrid and I read that people do a day trip in Cordoba.
Would you recommend to stay another night at Granada or Seville?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1587 posts
274 upvotes
given your initial itinerary, i'd say Granada not becuz there's much to see, but to recover from the jet lag / exhaustion from the flights. just taking it easy for the first two days, so you can better enjoy the rest of your vacation

i'd stop in Cordoba for a few hours if you're driving. but i wouldn't if you have to haul stuff around on and off the train and station and everything.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
3549 posts
450 upvotes
luckiecookie wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 2:01 pm
Would you recommend to stay another night at Granada or Seville?
Tough choice but I would go with Granada as well. I'm not sure why but I enjoyed Granada more than Seville. Perhaps it was the people I met when I was there so YMMV.

While I think you're itinerary is a bit cramped, you may as well do a day trip in Cordoba while you're there and visit the Mezquita. Wander around the narrow lanes and get yourself lost. Same thing for Granada's Albaycin district.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1316 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
I would probably skip Cordoba then since there's not a lot I want to visit there.
I am planning to join one of those half-day expedia tours in Granada to skip the line and walk around to Granada.
If there's not a lot to visit in Granada I will leave in the morning and visit Seville earlier since I read there are lots to see.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4165 posts
1265 upvotes
Moncton
It will be your first among many trips to Spain, so it doesn't really matter how you do it the first time.

I got hopelessly lost in Cordoba in the dark rain looking for the youth hostel. But that was my only remotely negative experience in the many weeks I've spent exploring the country over half a dozen trips over the last 20 years. Maybe checkout streetview if you don't like getting lost. Spaniards must be creatures of habit, because in my experience they are hopeless with directions. You'd think with a 3 hour lunch hour they'd get around to exploring their neighbourhood.

Madrid has a bunch of Tim Hortons now if you get homesick. ;)

Toronto is a very small part of Canada