• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2012 1:07 pm
[OP]
Jul 16, 2003
588 posts
218 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

Need help with utility providers Epcor, Enmax, and others

Hey guys, I just bought a house and I need to hook up the utilities. I'm trying to figure out what companies I should go with. As of right now, I'm thinking of going with Epcor for water and sewer, and Enmax for electricity and gas. Are there better choices out there? Also what is your take on locking into a set rate vs going with the variable rate? Thanks in advance for your help.
2x $40/6Gb Koodo plans for PM 2016 Fall Promo subscribers
Public Mobile 12/120 plan paying $19/month for 4Gb after rewards
Koodo Seasonal hold $15/month for buying phones
3x Virgin flexdata $5/month for 1Gb in ipads/voip phones
4 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2002
4232 posts
866 upvotes
Ottawa
To provide any advice, we need your city, please.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5837 posts
1351 upvotes
(S)he is in Edmonton. Epcor is your only choice for water, sewer & garbage pickup. There are no alternatives.

I would recommend going with Enmax for gas & electricity. It's owned by the City of Calgary, so you can complain to Mayor Nenshi or whoever if there's a problem. I am on the fixed electricity at 8c/kwh and floating gas. On average, the 8c works out to be a wash over variable. There's no point in paying $6.49/gj for gas since market is half that.

The $8/month for having gas & electricity is a nice bonus, too.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
1095 posts
13 upvotes
We are on the same system. Epcor for water, sewer and garbage pick up. We use Enmax for gas and power. We stay fixed for power and variable for natural gas.
rf134a wrote: (S)he is in Edmonton. Epcor is your only choice for water, sewer & garbage pickup. There are no alternatives.

I would recommend going with Enmax for gas & electricity. It's owned by the City of Calgary, so you can complain to Mayor Nenshi or whoever if there's a problem. I am on the fixed electricity at 8c/kwh and floating gas. On average, the 8c works out to be a wash over variable. There's no point in paying $6.49/gj for gas since market is half that.

The $8/month for having gas & electricity is a nice bonus, too.
Free from Telus! No more contract!
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10065 posts
2661 upvotes
if your outside the city, you dont need Epcor. Im in Spruce and all i have is Enmax and water/garbage from the city itself.