Need help with wedding favour ideas

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2016 4:48 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1282 posts
1147 upvotes

Need help with wedding favour ideas

Fiancé and I need help coming up with ideas for wedding favours. We've tried going to websites and whatnot but didn't find anything that stood out.

We were gunning for the wine cork-handle cheese spreader or glass coaster with the names and dates....

Any idea's would help us a lot

Thanks
20 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4128 posts
946 upvotes
Sask.
Best favour we've gotten recently was a package of forget-me-not seeds. Simple, but very cool.

I don't like the idea of a cheese spreader or coaster - maybe a wine bottle stopper?

Do you have anything ethnic about your wedding, any theme? What season?
Apr 18, 2006
249 posts
47 upvotes
I'm not quite sure about this forum being the best place to ask the question...

But I would vote for the wine cork-handle/cheese spreader (though, I personally would use a bottle opening more often then a wine cork screw :) )

Other favours I've received at weddings (that I can currently remember) include: Small statues/figures, Wine Glass, A take-out box for a massive dessert spread, Nice Pen with couples name/date, wooden coasters, candies/chocolates, little lanterns
Competition should only be used to help pull yourself up, not to push others down.

Flickr Stream: https://www.flickr.com/photos/37742548@N02/
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
We went with Candy cause we found everything we ever got from weddings were either useless, easily lost or forgotten and pointless, plus probably cost the couple more than what they are worth.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1282 posts
1147 upvotes
natalka wrote: Best favour we've gotten recently was a package of forget-me-not seeds. Simple, but very cool.

I don't like the idea of a cheese spreader or coaster - maybe a wine bottle stopper?

Do you have anything ethnic about your wedding, any theme? What season?
No theme, basic north american wedding in september.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2282 posts
874 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
I think this question would be best suited in the Food/Drink section, not the PHOTOGRAPHY section.

Anyway, best wedding favour I ever seen was a small 250mL bottle of sparkling wine with the couple's names as the secondary label. The brand of wine was Fruxnet and they're $5 a bottle at the LCBO but I bet they could be cheaper bottle if you're buying in the hundreds. I've seen fridge magnets, chocolates to macarons but I like the small wine bottle the best.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
You'll get more responses in the right forum...This is photography forum and it has nothing to do with your favors.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1413 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa, On
Well seeing as this is the photography section why don't we suggest photography related wedding favors. How about a mini photobook for each guest with photos of you and your fiance.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5244 posts
3536 upvotes
wine cork openers are a bad idea if you have out of town guests that flew in.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
That doesn't sound egotistic at all.
da_guy2 wrote: Well seeing as this is the photography section why don't we suggest photography related wedding favors. How about a mini photobook for each guest with photos of you and your fiance.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2015
1999 posts
158 upvotes
Wood Bridge
you can give small crosses out as gifts, salt and pepper shakers, a small picture frame, a small clock, a wine bottle, heck even a coffee mug, or a bag of sugar covered almonds
Thanks
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
399 upvotes
In my opinion, the cheese spreader idea is not worth it based on the cost/useful ratio. I've received nice spoons or chopsticks or whatever as wedding favours and can honestly say they collect dust in a corner in the basement.

Chocolates, bottle opener etc wins.

If you're going to have a photobooth, I received a little plastic picture frame specifically sized for holding the photobooth pictures.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3849 posts
516 upvotes
Toronto
I would vote for something small and useful. The best one I've got before was cookies. I rarely keep or use any wedding favors. Candles was also a great one.
Sep 23, 2013
654 posts
809 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
If i may suggest something photo-related and thereby applicable to the forum: my wife and i gave out glass coasters. There was an area for us to slide in a picture. We took this opportunity to insert personalized images for each guest. The coasters came in packs of 2 and cost about $2 for each set. To this day i still see them in people's homes. Most people have taken out the insert and put in something of their own.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
2045 posts
918 upvotes
Elgin, ON
hdom wrote: We went with Candy cause we found everything we ever got from weddings were either useless, easily lost or forgotten and pointless, plus probably cost the couple more than what they are worth.
My wife and I felt that anything that cost $5 or less, was about worthless.

Instead, we made a donation to a camp that my wife was very involved with.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5252 posts
1905 upvotes
Richmond Hill
We made a donation to the cancer society.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
ed0426 wrote: Totally agree!!

What about something like this?
http://www.gift-thanks.com/#!favors/cjg9
Reminds me of Xmas cracker toys, although we're actually still using my buddy's salt/pepper shakers from years ago in our summer trailer.
enwhyRFD wrote: We made a donation to the cancer society.
That's a great idea.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1282 posts
1147 upvotes
Thanks for the ideas folks! love the last link. Remember that this isn't just the photography forum. Art is a part of it as well. And for the most part coming up with ideas or even creative ideas, as custom wedding favours, are a form of art and that was my thinking. This theoretically wouldn't fit in foods since the favours are not limited to candies.

but thanks again ;)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)