Home & Garden

Need a new dishwasher - thinking of Bosch - ya or na?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2021 8:30 pm
Dec 16, 2009
573 posts
147 upvotes
Durham
We have one I purchased about 4 years ago and it has been great. I forget the series it was about $1400 maybe - 900 series? 44db
Quietest dishwasher we have owned. Used daily. Good cleaning.

The thing that impressed me was the design engineers had clearly thought about simplifying installation. I have installed about 8 dishwashers (Kenmore branded, Maytag etc) in my life and this was hands down the easiest. Those tall tub models can be a bear to make the connections etc with little clearance between the floor and bottom of the unit.

The only downside so far is the colour rubs off the selector buttons over time - looks a little shabby.

I used to repair my dishwashers, replacing parts as needed. But I have decided that is false economy. Once they start to go they, from an economic standpoint, are disposable.

Even with my “zero cost” labour component - it doesn’t greatly prolong the economic service life. $50- 250 per part incident adds up quickly and to keep a $700 dishwasher running means it will likely become a money pit of diminishing returns.

YMMV
Mar 14, 2006
34 posts
8 upvotes
Edmonton
We replaced the original dishwasher in our house with a Bosch and it was quiet and did a great job cleaning. It died after 17 years, used every 2/3 days for 10 years, at least daily for the last 7. We replaced it with a Whirlpool. The Whirlpool is just as quiet bit doesn't clean as well as the Bosch. If I were to do t again I would spend extra dollars for a Bosch. This is probably also model dependent, but IMHO the location and orientation of the racks and tines on the Bosch were much better for positioning items in the dishwasher.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
3807 posts
3837 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Bosch or Miele.

My Bosch 500 has been used every single day since I moved about a year ago and I absolutely love it. I literally Tetris it full of stuff and everything comes out clean. If I was doing it again I'd spend the bit more and just get the top of the line one given how much I use it. Miele is significantly more money but they're the only one I would compare to Bosch.

I clean the filter monthly and run it with a cleaner to keep it nice.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
20856 posts
19112 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
ryeguy252 wrote: I just got one of the 800 series as well. Those that have the 800 series, does the crystal dry function leave a film on the dishes/glasses? I find if I don't use this function, it doesn't dry that well?
McLaren wrote: I've only used it with the crystal dry function , i do fill it with the rinse aide jet dry. a few items on the 2nd and 3rd rack will have a tiny bit of water left ( ie - mugs and plastic kids plates on the 3rd shelf)
This

DWs that claim they can do crystal and fine dishes absolutely require a Rinse Aide …
And you must keep it topped up religiously for best results

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)