[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4378 posts
579 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake

Need a new phone

Hi all,

I currently need a new phone. Ive been using a moto g for the last year but it has been freezing up on me.

I can't resign as I have a $350 tab I need to pay (original phone was an S4 but that broke).

Any recommendations on something? Looking around the $200 range.
13 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4378 posts
579 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Don't want another one...
Nov 1, 2004
678 posts
66 upvotes
York
Typhoonz wrote: Hi all,

I currently need a new phone. Ive been using a moto g for the last year but it has been freezing up on me.

I can't resign as I have a $350 tab I need to pay (original phone was an S4 but that broke).

Any recommendations on something? Looking around the $200 range.
Even though Rfd favourite is moto g or zenphone. I would suggest idol 3 or nexus 5.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4378 posts
579 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
touyakouyo wrote: Even though Rfd favourite is moto g or zenphone. I would suggest idol 3 or nexus 5.
I was thinking the nexus 5.

Would an iPhone 4 be an upgrade or downgraded from the moto g (first gen)
Nov 1, 2004
678 posts
66 upvotes
York
Typhoonz wrote: I was thinking the nexus 5.

Iphone 4 would be a downgrade for sure
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2170 posts
964 upvotes
London
Typhoonz wrote: I was thinking the nexus 5.

I had the nexus 5, and while it was a good phone, the battery life was a huge problem for me. My s6 edge is running me 14h minimum to 2 days max whereas the nexus 5 would sometimes require me to recharge during the middle of the day. Depends how much you use your phone though. I got a friend of mine the zenfone 2 and he loves it. I'd give that a try.

The iPhone 4 is a huge downgrade, and the iPhone 5C (which I literally just bought) is working well for my folks so far.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4378 posts
579 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
datako wrote: I had the nexus 5, and while it was a good phone, the battery life was a huge problem for me. My s6 edge is running me 14h minimum to 2 days max whereas the nexus 5 would sometimes require me to recharge during the middle of the day. Depends how much you use your phone though. I got a friend of mine the zenfone 2 and he loves it. I'd give that a try.

The iPhone 4 is a huge downgrade, and the iPhone 5C (which I literally just bought) is working well for my folks so far.
Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
1385 posts
116 upvotes
GTA
Unlocked Moto G 2nd generation for ~$249 from Staples or Costco.ca
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6387 posts
3094 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
jl001 wrote: Unlocked Moto G 2nd generation for ~$249 from Staples or Costco.ca
Sigh.......the OP just said that the Moto G is too slow for his/her needs. The OP needs something more robust like a Zenphone 2 ($250). The LG G3 is very good ($360 with Koodo) if you can spend a bit more.
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!