• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2020 3:28 pm
[OP]
Jan 26, 2020
640 posts
155 upvotes
Canada

Need recommendation for a website to sell on

I've accumulated a lot of stuff over the years. Need to sell most of it locally. Looking for a website that offers a filtering template. I'd like to have a column on the left that sorts my stuff by price, category, etc, so people can find stuff quickly. This is for local stuff. I'm familiar with Ebay/Amazon/etc. I don't want to sell through the site. Just a place to list stuff in a well organized fashion because I'm unfamiliar with web design. I've set up a website before just using Microsoft Word documents but there is no filtering ability in that.
I don't know anyone that doesn't have lots of stuff they could sell. What we need is an easy way to do it. I run ads on Kijiji and FB Marketplace but what I want is to lead them over to all the other stuff for sale with one link. Most of my stuff is not so specialized, otherwise I'd find sites focused on particular things.
Also looking for a free photo hosting site that doesn't compress images much. Sites like Kijiji have horrible image quality, plus you can't put enough photos up if you have lots of items in an ad. Just need it so its tack sharp on a typical 1920 x 1080 large computer monitor. Especially something where the image enlarges when the mouse cursor is placed on it. That's so much faster than clicking an image.
Obviously YouTube can be used for videos.
3 replies
Nov 10, 2019
622 posts
609 upvotes
I've played around with this service lightly but you can try Cloudinary for your image files!
Feb 5, 2008
758 posts
288 upvotes
CANADA
Could always create a Google Sheets document, and create a public-read only link?
[OP]
Jan 26, 2020
640 posts
155 upvotes
Canada
That's an interesting solution. Never thought of that. And I can create filters on a column on the left to control what is displayed on the page? (I have no experience with spreadsheets.)