• Jul 17th, 2015 10:43 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 13, 2012
26 posts
MONTREAL

Need some serious advice

Hey, everybody! I'm at a serious crossroad here and I could use some help with what path to take. I've spent the last year or so just working and looking into different careers but cant really figure out what i wanna do. My strengths and interests are in accounting and sciences (biology and chemistry only NOT physics). so i was wondering what are some careers that pay at least $40,000+ (very important- worked out my finances) and can be attained with just a college diploma. I dont think i have the ability to complete university anymore because its been 7 years since i finished high school ( i wann complete school ASAP). plus id need to upgrade a lot of my high school courses and then get a diploma to be able to transfer so id rather just do college. my strengths are in the accounting and business and sciences (biology and chemistry only) and my weaknesses are advanced math and physics. i considereed engineering at college as well but dont know the scope for technologists. my family says go for medical like phelobotomy or medical assistant. i considered trades but my back is busted from a weighlifting injury so thats a no go. So can u guys suggest soe careers with that kind of pay that can be done with just a college doploma...any advise will be helpful
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
5552 posts
3047 upvotes
Toronto
madman1611 wrote: can u guys suggest soe careers with that kind of pay that can be done with just a college doploma...any advise will be helpful
I suggest you try something like the GATB - General Aptitude Test Battery
http://www.careerchoiceguide.com/genera ... ttery.html
Most say to use a professional to help guide you, a worthy investment. Here are some freebies:http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/aacc/career ... ment-links
Sep 29, 2014
231 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Medical laboratory technologist
Dental Hygienist
Paramedic
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38211 posts
24392 upvotes
Center of Universe
madman1611 wrote: Hey, everybody! I'm at a serious crossroad here and I could use some help with what path to take. I've spent the last year or so just working and looking into different careers but cant really figure out what i wanna do. My strengths and interests are in accounting and sciences (biology and chemistry only NOT physics). so i was wondering what are some careers that pay at least $40,000+ (very important- worked out my finances) and can be attained with just a college diploma. I dont think i have the ability to complete university anymore because its been 7 years since i finished high school ( i wann complete school ASAP). plus id need to upgrade a lot of my high school courses and then get a diploma to be able to transfer so id rather just do college. my strengths are in the accounting and business and sciences (biology and chemistry only) and my weaknesses are advanced math and physics. i considereed engineering at college as well but dont know the scope for technologists. my family says go for medical like phelobotomy or medical assistant. i considered trades but my back is busted from a weighlifting injury so thats a no go. So can u guys suggest soe careers with that kind of pay that can be done with just a college doploma...any advise will be helpful
Nothing can be done "with just a diploma" or even a degree now a days.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2159 posts
553 upvotes
Alberta
vkizzle wrote: Nothing can be done "with just a diploma" or even a degree now a days.
All the jobs mentioned above can be done "with just a diploma", and are viable CAREERS.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38211 posts
24392 upvotes
Center of Universe
^You both are missing the point.
Want to be an accountant, no problem, so does every other thousands of uni and college grads.
Working towards a designation, now your chances are better...now do you understand my point about a diploma or degree?