Shopping Discussion

Need suggestions please - What to do if we find Bluray Discs sold by Amazon is not as advertised?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2019 11:58 am
[OP]
Dec 18, 2017
302 posts
41 upvotes

Need suggestions please - What to do if we find Bluray Discs sold by Amazon is not as advertised?

Hi,
Here is what happened exactly & need your valuable suggestions on how to proceed legally now.

-Ordered a few Bluray movies from Amazon. Say, out of 15 ordered, 4 received were completely different from what was advertised or images meaning anyone can easily tell they are not Genuine discs but look totally Fake & that too inside a white envelope instead of sending in a packaged bluray box/sealed as advertised.
-Agree....I could open them up after the Return window was expired.
-Explained this situation through Chat & Phone with Amazon but no luck as they kept saying Return window is expired & nothing they can do.
-I have also sent my pictures of those movies to amazon & Seller as well but no response/luck.

Do you think that the case is closed now or how can i take it up legally now? I agree return window is closed but does it mean that Amazon can allow Fake products to be sold? What do you do if in my situation?
Honestly, I was going to write a detailed report/mail to Amazon CEO directly but not sure if it makes sense or any better thoughts please?

BTW, any one can easily see or prove those are just Fake discs and my biggest frustration is, how can the seller send me those so-called Disc inside some crap white envelope and especially 2 Discs together in a white cover and surprised that Amazon representatives do not even listen or care about it.....

thanks in advance
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9782 posts
1861 upvotes
Victoria
I've never had this problem ever, and I bought a lot of stuff from amazon. Are you buying from Amazon itself or through amazon marketplace (in which you are buying goods from a 3rd party via amazon). Notifying Amazon that a seller is selling counterfeit goods is a good start. Secondly you could try and contact your credit card company to see if they'll do a chargeback. That could mess up your amazon account.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2943 upvotes
Since they wont play ball, then submit a return/refund based on this being a defective item, as in the discs you mentioned stop playing or stutters at a certain point in the movie.

If all else fails submit a negative feedback on the seller along with a picture of the contraband.

If you value your amazon account then best not to try a chargeback on this purchase.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6792 posts
5868 upvotes
Toronto
Amazon marketplace is full of idiots and fakes... avoid those in the future and only order if the order is place directly with Amazon, or fulfilled by Amazon
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3231 posts
1843 upvotes
Edmonton
smartnew wrote: Hi,
Here is what happened exactly & need your valuable suggestions on how to proceed legally now.

-Ordered a few Bluray movies from Amazon. Say, out of 15 ordered, 4 received were completely different from what was advertised or images meaning anyone can easily tell they are not Genuine discs but look totally Fake & that too inside a white envelope instead of sending in a packaged bluray box/sealed as advertised.
-Agree....I could open them up after the Return window was expired.
-Explained this situation through Chat & Phone with Amazon but no luck as they kept saying Return window is expired & nothing they can do.
-I have also sent my pictures of those movies to amazon & Seller as well but no response/luck.

Do you think that the case is closed now or how can i take it up legally now? I agree return window is closed but does it mean that Amazon can allow Fake products to be sold? What do you do if in my situation?
Honestly, I was going to write a detailed report/mail to Amazon CEO directly but not sure if it makes sense or any better thoughts please?

BTW, any one can easily see or prove those are just Fake discs and my biggest frustration is, how can the seller send me those so-called Disc inside some crap white envelope and especially 2 Discs together in a white cover and surprised that Amazon representatives do not even listen or care about it.....

thanks in advance
Amazon has a pretty generous return policy but you do not indicate if these were fulfilled by Amazon or shipped directly by a third party seller.

You state: "4 received were completely different from what was advertised or images meaning anyone can easily tell they are not Genuine discs but look totally Fake & that too inside a white envelope instead of sending in a packaged bluray box/sealed as advertised." It seems that this would have been evident from the outset. Why did you wait to do anything until after the expiry of the return window?
[OP]
Dec 18, 2017
302 posts
41 upvotes
Thanks for all your posts & time.
Let me go further & explain more.
One of my friends was in India a few months ago so I had asked asked him to receive those movies & handover to me when he comes to India. So ordered from amazon.in
Yes, i have ordered 200+ movies so far from Amazon NA & UK as well and never faced this issue.
Those were delivered to my friend's in-laws address & never got a chance to open the box. Hence Return window went unnoticed
I received those here in Canada through my friend, opened & got shocked seeing 4/5 out of 20 were just Garbage & found inside a white envelope & enclosed in a brown thick cover. No original case/box (as advertised) & even the Discs look real garbage....
My biggest concern is that Amazon India customer service is so irresponsible when i told them about these Fake discs, etc. & they kept arguing they see same Movie name in discs as advertised ;)
I am deeply frustrated with this. How come Amazon India can allow sellers to sell such fake discs?
What do you do if you were me? just ignore & move on? or any other suggestion? I am really not concerned about Refund but overall experience......
Aug 5, 2005
457 posts
242 upvotes
roblombardi wrote: Amazon marketplace is full of idiots and fakes... avoid those in the future and only order if the order is place directly with Amazon, or fulfilled by Amazon
That's what I would do, these third party stuff I don't trust and its another reason why I don't shop at amazon as much nowadays
If they thumb you down I will up it just because
[OP]
Dec 18, 2017
302 posts
41 upvotes
$n00ker wrote: That's what I would do, these third party stuff I don't trust and its another reason why I don't shop at amazon as much nowadays
I have never experienced this with Amazon NA or UK even with 3rd party sellers and my experience & customer service has always been awesome.
Amazon India seems to be a big concern though. Yes, i purchased from 3rd party sellers through amazon.in
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2200 posts
1098 upvotes
London
i assume u paid with a credit card. just call ur credit card company give them a list of the charges for the items tell them the items were counterfeit and that the amazon refuses to take them back. most cc companies give u 90-180 to dispute the charge depends on the bank. ur bank will probably ask for copies of any chats u had with amazon just send them whatever they ask for and it might take a couple months but they should get u ur money back.
Sep 28, 2017
653 posts
421 upvotes
lol.... well for one you ordered from a foreign country. i'm not trying to instigate anything, but it's from a country known to deal in counterfeit merchandise and isn't policed as it would be in NA or the UK. just chauk it up to a bad experience and don't order from there again.
no matter where you go, there you are.
Aug 5, 2005
457 posts
242 upvotes
smartnew wrote: I have never experienced this with Amazon NA or UK even with 3rd party sellers and my experience & customer service has always been awesome.
Amazon India seems to be a big concern though. Yes, i purchased from 3rd party sellers through amazon.in
I get what you're saying but really a company as big as Amazon they'd provide better experience & security for their customers who buy items from whether it's coming from them directly or third party, remember they are making money off these third party sellers
aaron158 wrote: i assume u paid with a credit card. just call ur credit card company give them a list of the charges for the items tell them the items were counterfeit and that the amazon refuses to take them back. most cc companies give u 90-180 to dispute the charge depends on the bank. ur bank will probably ask for copies of any chats u had with amazon just send them whatever they ask for and it might take a couple months but they should get u ur money back.
One shouldn't have to go there with a company like Amazon. Again, they should provide a much nicer experience & security for their customers, going to the CC should be the last resort one should have to take.
If they thumb you down I will up it just because
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6351 posts
1020 upvotes
Why don't you just go find some board in India where you can post your whine. Your problem has nothing to do with Canada and I don't see why you posted here.
[OP]
Dec 18, 2017
302 posts
41 upvotes
woof wrote: Why don't you just go find some board in India where you can post your whine. Your problem has nothing to do with Canada and I don't see why you posted here.
Not sure how much you know about dealing such things in India. I posted here because I was about to do something on Amazon overall as i was not confident just dealing with amazon India & hence posted here to get views.
[OP]
Dec 18, 2017
302 posts
41 upvotes
$n00ker wrote: I get what you're saying but really a company as big as Amazon they'd provide better experience & security for their customers who buy items from whether it's coming from them directly or third party, remember they are making money off these third party sellers

One shouldn't have to go there with a company like Amazon. Again, they should provide a much nicer experience & security for their customers, going to the CC should be the last resort one should have to take.
My friend used option to pay directly from his Bank account & not through a Credit Card.
Tonight, i am going to try playing all these discs & see what is in store for me. I am confident none of the discs can play 3D at the very least.
What are my options now? Do you think I can take it up with Amazon Boss directly as I heard very good things about him especially in customer service dealing with such pain?
Or, any other options?