Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2263 posts
488 upvotes

Need Waiting Room Chair Recommendations

Does anyone know of a classy, yet durable waiting room chair that isn't too expensive? I've currently got these nice ones:

http://www.costco.ca/Ashmont-Black-Bond ... 69026.html

They've lasted a good number of years, but guess what? Some idiots have been able to cut through the seating surface with something so I've got gashes and large holes now in them. Yeah I know I don't have the best clientele, but what can you do hey? I was thinking of going to a plastic chair instead, something simple, difficult to damage, cheap to replace. Any suggestions? I've looked into reupholstering the seats, but at about $100 a pop to replace the outside pleather it's more than 50% of the cost of the chair brand new.
My avatar is Shandi Finnessey
Play Hay Day!
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6068 posts
597 upvotes
SW Ontario
IKEA? Depending on the design may not be the most durable, but cheap to replace If vandalized. And a nice clean modern look.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6068 posts
597 upvotes
SW Ontario
Costco used to have fabric padded stackable chairs. Plastic backs. No arms. We bought one and the cat has spent lots of time sharpening her claws on it so far no damage. Not sure if they have them in store anymore though. I haven't looked lately.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2263 posts
488 upvotes
Thanks for the suggestions. I might have to go with one of the more durable plastic choices. I had thought getting the nice, plush, comfy seats would be appreciated by customers, but it looks like some people have nothing better to do than wreck them up. Oh well lesson learned!
Play Hay Day!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
8392 posts
4354 upvotes
We bought some bonded leather club chairs at Home Depot a while back on a one-day sale for $99 each. They were inexpensive but gave the waiting area a classy look.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2004
1335 posts
24 upvotes
Staples has similar chairs that they discount during their chair sale to 100 each.
Why is nobody on RFD accountable for their actions???
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6387 posts
2030 upvotes
Check kijiji for some decent stuff from out of business businesses.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
5022 posts
1624 upvotes
Yea, just get used stuff from Kijiji - don't spend too much and expect to replace every so often.
apart from solid plastic, you're gonna get damage.
On the other hand, if your clientele are the type to do this kind of damage - why care to make them comfortable then? Just get metal or plastic.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2263 posts
488 upvotes
Lots of good deals on Kijiji, but I don't have time to go pick things up plus I don't have much room in my car. Also on Allsold.ca there are a few chairs, but I found these which I think I'll be ordering. It's too bad that it takes some stupid idiots to wreck my nice, comfortable chairs for others. Oh well, plastic it is!

http://www.source.ca/office-chairs-seat ... air-series

Play Hay Day!