Cell Phones

Need your help to fix a P20 Pro phone issue. I think I am in trouble.

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2019 5:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1102 posts
14 upvotes

Need your help to fix a P20 Pro phone issue. I think I am in trouble.

Hi to all

I sold my used P20 Pro to a college student 2 weeks ago. Last night she texted me and told me that she had a big problem.

According to her, the data on the phone works for all of the google apps and on facebook and Instagram. But she cannot get it to be working for her Spotify, Snapchat and CBC news.

She can download and install Spotify, Snapchat and CBC news. All 3 apps work through the wifi but when she is on data they don’t work. She thought it might have been an issue with her data but everything else works fine. Every google app, Facebook Instagram app worked but the data didn’t work for Spotify, Snapchat and CBC news. She had even tried her friend's sim card on her P20 Pro and the same thing happened. However, Her sim card works perfectly fine on her friend's phone for the same apps of Spotify, Snapchat and CBC news. That made her very confused and sad.

I was wondering if you all experts out there would be able to help me fix this

Much appreciated in advance.
Trade with me 100% confidence and my feedback on RedFlagDeals, eBay and Revscene.net :

Feedback on RedFlagDeals.com

Feedback on EBay.com

REVScene Feedback Ratings
3 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14331 posts
4905 upvotes
London
That literally makes no sense. If she has data access to download the apps it should work fine in the apps as well. Unless she has some sort permission on the phone that is denying access to data from downloaded apps.

I would tell her to factory reset.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
6011 posts
1878 upvotes
Montreal
She may have somehow disable mobile data for those apps. She can check under:

Settings > Apps > Apps > APPNAME > Data usage > Mobile Data