• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2020 9:36 pm
[OP]
Jan 4, 2007
413 posts
157 upvotes
Vancouver

Neighbour Shenanigans

This morning my SkyBell door bell caught my neighbour poking a hole in my pony wall. We were on good terms with him years ago when he and his brother bought the house but over the years he’s no longer nice to us. His house is a rental so I’m glad he doesn’t live there full time. I have the full video and I can distinctly hear the wood breaking as he pokes the wall.
Unfortunately our sidewalks are side by side and we don’t have a fence separating our properties as the city lots are 25’ wide in my neighborhood. We put planters to deter the tenants next door from using our sidewalk and steps. We know that we have to rebuild the wall but it’s not necessary to make it worse.
Just venting here.
Last edited by 40Niner on Jul 9th, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
50 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15508 posts
10149 upvotes
Toronto
What is it that you are looking to achieve by the post? Warn us not to live next to your neighbour? I'm confused OP. Help.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Dec 26, 2017
225 posts
157 upvotes
Are you sure it was on purpose? The wood looks rotten and wouldn't take much to poke a hole in it as you say, running into it by accident would do the same.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19459 posts
22583 upvotes
GTA
Maybe he's worried about termites living in the rotting wood and was checking it out before it spreads to his place?
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15508 posts
10149 upvotes
Toronto
OP, you could always speak to the neighbour, it's easy to knock and tell them:

"hey buddy, I know were not on the best of terms but here's a thing. My camera caught you damaging my wall over here. So, you are already escalating a very unfriendly situation between us. I've always tried to maintain cordial relations with you and your twit brother but you seem to ignore my kindness and think that I'm weak or afraid of you. Now, the simplest and easiest thing for you to do right now is apologise and do not touch my pony wall again. If you do decide to take your chances and proceed to invade my privacy and destroy my personal property, I will break each of your fingers so you can not only no longer poke my wall, but hold onto your dick while you piss."
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
May 12, 2003
371 posts
246 upvotes
GTA
post video or it didn't happen!

jk
i just want to see the video :P
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15508 posts
10149 upvotes
Toronto
What an old POS. Let the finger breaking commence.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2056 posts
1326 upvotes
Durham
He caused all that damage in a second, if that? :rolleyes:
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15005 posts
11533 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Gorilla tape it and paint over it.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Oct 25, 2014
165 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto, ON
:facepalm: that looks more like there was already a hole there and he was curious so he went to touch it.

I mean, looks like he literally just lightly touch it for <1 sec. (You can tell how much force someone is using by his body, his postures was relax the whole time)
If he can break your knee wall with that touch, he might be the legendary one punch man.
Mar 2, 2020
75 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
Could not help but to notice that video and real damage in pic are entirely two different sites unless paint color or location was changed after the damage Face With Tears Of Joy
OP you don;t have our sympathies.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1313 posts
822 upvotes
GTA
How strong is the neighbour to break wood like that?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19459 posts
22583 upvotes
GTA
ITAspirant wrote: Could not help but to notice that video and real damage in pic are entirely two different sites unless paint color or location was changed after the damage Face With Tears Of Joy
OP you don;t have our sympathies.
Looks exactly the same to me. Sure, the colour balance from the 2 cameras isn't the same. That's no surprise.

OP, looked pretty harmless, like just checking it out. If you want to prevent it, patch it up, or put some crazy hot sauce or other irritant in there.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19459 posts
22583 upvotes
GTA
smitty9999 wrote: How strong is the neighbour to break wood like that?
It's completely rotten.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13104 posts
4706 upvotes
Ontario
Lmaoooo

Best Option right here!
koffey wrote: OP, you could always speak to the neighbour, it's easy to knock and tell them:

"hey buddy, I know were not on the best of terms but here's a thing. My camera caught you damaging my wall over here. So, you are already escalating a very unfriendly situation between us. I've always tried to maintain cordial relations with you and your twit brother but you seem to ignore my kindness and think that I'm weak or afraid of you. Now, the simplest and easiest thing for you to do right now is apologise and do not touch my pony wall again. If you do decide to take your chances and proceed to invade my privacy and destroy my personal property, I will break each of your fingers so you can not only no longer poke my wall, but hold onto your dick while you piss."
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4004 posts
3200 upvotes
Ottawa
It looks like he was just checking it out, I don't see any real ill intention there.

The whole thing is rotten to the core and would fall down soon, look at the bottom of that wall! If a couple of fingers do that much damage, imagine what a whole hand/fist would do?
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15005 posts
11533 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Is your neighbour some sort of Martial Artist ? That finger poke of death is really strong.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)