Neighbours camera pointing at my window

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2018 12:45 pm
[OP]
Oct 31, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes

Neighbours camera pointing at my window

So our house has and alley way. 4 feet to our side and 2 feet is the neighbours. Neighbours side doesn't have any windows or anything as it is the fire safety wall or something they call. Its just vinyl siding. So they put a camera via VIVINT there. My side which is 4 feet. Has 3 windows and we have our walkway to our backyard from there. I went ahead and asked him. That his camera is pointing at my window. He said its not working yet. So I left and now he is never coming out of hus house so that I can talk. What can I do here. I called cps no proper naswer from them. Call city nothing imp. Call privacy commisoner nothing fruitful. Is there anyway I can live peacefully in my house. Looking for suggestions
45 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13595 posts
8551 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Spray paint his camera.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
7791 posts
2530 upvotes
Maple
Could be just faux camera, put tape on the lense and see the response.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
3849 posts
1850 upvotes
How are you able to talk to him?
Aren't your sound-waves infringing on his airspace?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15139 posts
16129 upvotes
Oakville
If he does turn it on, put a laser in your window pointing at the camera. It will blind and/or damage the camera sensor.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7075 posts
4225 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Judging by this and your other thread today, you sound like a whacko. Get help.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8732 posts
9560 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Chickinvic wrote: Judging by this and your other thread today, you sound like a whacko. Get help.
I’d point a camera at this freak. Completely paranoid and out of control.
"It is in times of great fear or greed that the most opportunity exists."
[OP]
Oct 31, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: Are they putting the camera on the wall? A picture would help.

Put tape over it and see what happens.
Hi Jon yes their camera is attached to their wall. I will click a pick tomorrow and send it. Its night time here. And we dnt have any lights in that area. Thanks though for replying and understanding how mentally hard and tiring it gets.
[OP]
Oct 31, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Spray paint his camera.
I live in calgary. Can i do that without getting trouble with the authorities
[OP]
Oct 31, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes
teoconca wrote: Could be just faux camera, put tape on the lense and see the response.
No its real one as i saw the guy installing it.
[OP]
Oct 31, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes
cartfan123 wrote: I’d point a camera at this freak. Completely paranoid and out of control.
I am planning to. But its expensive. We already spent too much because of these people. Putting up a fence.
[OP]
Oct 31, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes
engineered wrote: If he does turn it on, put a laser in your window pointing at the camera. It will blind and/or damage the camera sensor.

I have seen so many youtube videos. It will be effective only if I will directly point in it. Camera will capture me. What if I will get in trouble for this.i wad thinking about it but dnt want to get in unnecessary trouble
[OP]
Oct 31, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes
pootza wrote: How are you able to talk to him?
Aren't your sound-waves infringing on his airspace?
Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15139 posts
16129 upvotes
Oakville
Geezfast wrote: I have seen so many youtube videos. It will be effective only if I will directly point in it. Camera will capture me. What if I will get in trouble for this.i wad thinking about it but dnt want to get in unnecessary trouble
If you're worried about damaging his camera, just blind it with a bright spot LED.